back to article Cisco converts Welsh rugby stadium to HD

Cardiff's Millennium Stadium has been retrofitted with Cisco's StadiumVision networked giant screen and TV system in a £3m project. StadiumVision is an entertainment venue suite of products and services by Cisco that uses IPTV and its ConnectedStadium networking platform to send targeted video streams to TVs and large screens …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Locky
    WTF?

Alternativly

People could just watch the action in full HD3D live action, using their retro fitted, optical evolutionary receiver devices

2. Anonymous Coward
    Headmaster

Hmm

"At the Millennium Stadium there are two huge 90m square Daktronics screens"

isn't square a rather unusual aspect ratio in these days of wide screen?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Ummm, no.

90m^2

Or did you think they were 90m long...

3. Tom 7

Nooo

I go to a very expensive game of Rugby to watch the game not to be bombarded with more adverts for shit I don't want.

Its bad enough being distracted from the game with the ground level moving adverts!

And remember when the Ruski's were accused of opening the doors of the stadium to get better wind for their javelin throwers? How long is it going to be before a subtle pattern on the big screen can be used to throw players off line, I know I've fallen over because of the moving advertising hoarding - made me buy ten more pints of Brains!

4. Rhod
    FAIL

Epic Fail

I was at the stadium for the Wales vs Australia game on Saturday. The screens are an annoyance.

1) The score, the time left and the actual time are displayed in such small fonts many fans were struggling to read them, even ones with tested 20/20 vision.

2) When you actually want to see what's on the screen when the video ref is ruling try/no try, the replays are not shown in the stadium. Presumably this is to avoid a lynching when the video ref (occasionally) gets it badly wrong. Additionally the actual ref doesn't get to see it.

3) I do not want to be bombarded with adverts the whole time I'm in the stadium.

4) Loads of people spent more time watching the action via the screens rather than actually looking at the live action in front of them. What's the point of going if you're going to do this? It's the most expensive set of tv seats anywhere...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like