back to article Capita says gov cuts hit hard

Capita shares are down nearly five per cent this morning after it warned that government cuts were hitting revenues harder than expected. In an update to the stock market, the government's favourite outsourcer said the message was mixed. It has had constructive discussions with the government on cutbacks and it believes …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

Chin up

Never mind Capita. You still have the TV Licence gig where you can send out threatening junkmail and have your powerless goons bothering people on the street.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Title goes here...

I had the misfortune of working for this sorry shower a couple of years ago. They seem to think that red tape and admin is far more important than actually doing work for the client.

3. It wasnt me
    Thumb Down

What is it with capita?

Why do these parasites equate cuts to further spending with them? Cuts is cuts. Its not spending the money elsewhere. Personally i'd help the whole cuts process along by giving out sourcing a slice of the pie. Why not 10% cuts to capita? Or even 30%.

Fecking leeches.

4. Snake Plissken
    Thumb Down

Nice to know...

That 500,000 public sector workers will be out of jobs but this bunch expect the consultancy gravy train will keep on rolling.

Knowing the way the world works, these will be the guys picking up fat fees for "advising" on how to get rid of people.

5. MrCheese
    Flame

Boo-Fscking-Hoo

Seeing as it's trough divers like these who've been leeching money out of the Gov't for years you'll excuse me it I fetch my dancing shoes rather than the Kleenex.

I hope the cuts hit your profits..and hard (same goes for Fujitsu, HP/EDS et al)!

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Good.

I had the misfortune of working for Crapita. They treat their employees so badly I consider slashing their contracts a humanitarian exercise, not a cost cutting one.

7. JaitcH
    FAIL

Capita! If anyone deserves a kick in the n*ts, it's them

Capita, associated with free-loading, leaching, parasitic, and all things bad when a company gets incestuous with a long-lived government, who just got it's marching orders.

If Cameron really wanted to trim the budget he would force re-bidding on all contract renewals and extensions.

A friend leased a small house, out in the countryside, to an elderly woman who was not only hard of hearing but had cataracts, too. The previous tenant had installed an impressive Antiference antenna which was left behind.

Enter Capita who seems to know peoples homes better than the residents. They insisted she had a TV and they could prove it. It took over a year of correspondence and calls to assert the fact in their database that she had no TV and was over 75.

May your demise be rapid, Capita, for you surely deserve it!

8. John Smith 19 Gold badge
    Thumb Up

I've been disappointed by con-tractor announcements

They all seemed to be saying. "No problem. Business as usual"

How the hell can that be right?

We should be hearing "It's going to be difficult and we will have to down size"

Not that we'd expect them to let any "Important" IE *senior* staff go of course.

They seem to saying it might be a bit painful.

Good.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like