Microsoft has written to Salesforce.com and Oracle punters urging them to ditch the cloudy database offerings of Marc Benioff and Larry Ellison in favour of its own CRM system. But in order to convince them to make the switch, the software giant is also, somewhat desperately, waving a wad of cash in the faces of Salesforce and …
calling it compensation, isn't it?
When moving from one product to another, it is going to cost time and money to scope out the migration, train staff, etc. MS are simply removing one obstacle on the path. I often here a variation of the phrase "We'd love to switch to x/y/z, but just don't have the budget"
- Worstall on Wednesday It's Big, it's Blue... it's simply FABLESS! IBM's chip-free future
- Routine WHAT NOW? Bank of England’s CHAPS payment system goes TITSUP
- Consumers start feeling the love as Chromebook sales surge
- Warning to those who covet the data of Internet of Precious Things
- Comment Reg man has the cure for IBM storage: Just swallow 10 firms