Microsoft has written to Salesforce.com and Oracle punters urging them to ditch the cloudy database offerings of Marc Benioff and Larry Ellison in favour of its own CRM system. But in order to convince them to make the switch, the software giant is also, somewhat desperately, waving a wad of cash in the faces of Salesforce and …
calling it compensation, isn't it?
When moving from one product to another, it is going to cost time and money to scope out the migration, train staff, etc. MS are simply removing one obstacle on the path. I often here a variation of the phrase "We'd love to switch to x/y/z, but just don't have the budget"
- And the buggiest OS provider award goes to ... APPLE?
- C’mon Lenovo. Superfish hooked, but Pokki Start Menu still roaming free
- Lenovo: We SWEAR we're done with bloatware, adware and scumware
- Britain needs more tech immigrants, quango tells UK.gov
- Lenovo CTO: Hey, look around – we're not the only ones with a crapware infection