back to article Microsoft wins tasty US federal gov agency cloud contract

Microsoft secured a cloudy contract win with the US Department of Agriculture (USDA) yesterday in its latest cat-and-mouse play with rival Google to score lucrative deals with government bodies Stateside. Just last week, Google scooped up 17,000 government drones from the US General Services Administration (GSA) as part of a …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. adnim

Rod for whos back?

Not only do US government employees have the ability to steal, leak, sell and lose government data but Microsoft staff and contractors now have the same opportunities.

Will confidential data float up into the clouds or will the data be of the inane not worthy of note kind?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

that's the Google modus operandi

point me to instances of MS accessing private content on one of their services and your argument has some weight

IIRC Google engineers have been reported on this very site for doing exactly that

1. Baskitcaise
        Troll

that's the Google modus operandi

"point me to instances of MS accessing private content on one of their services and your argument has some weight"

just shows they ain't been caught yet :-)

2. adnim

Does MS

scan hotmail contents for targeted advertising? Serious question, I really don't know.

Microsoft data and private information form Microsoft servers has been leaked into the public domain when it shouldn't have been.

Do a search for Microsoft data leak. If you don't find anything I will post some links for you.

May I also point out that my comment did not state that MS accessed private content, only that the opportunity was there for MS employees and MS contractors to do so.

When trying to secure information one does not give more people access to it.

2. yeehaw....
    FAIL

Online..... lol

The Feds learn nothing from Wikileaks or their defenders. Now they can be touched much, much easier.

Just wow.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like