back to article MPs set out on quest to find UK.gov's IT strategy

The government's technology strategy is being scrutinised by the Common's Public Administration Select Committee (PASC). The committee said it would look at how the government develops and implements its IT policy. "The inquiry will examine the government’s overall strategy for information technology, including how it …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. raivn

"To punish and enslave"

I Don't think they have an IT policy, they just randomly go with what tabloids suggest.

2. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

I want to see how an IT strategy is formed ...

... so badly !

(apologies to Elton and Curtis)

3. Chris Miller

The government has an IT strategy?

Who knew?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

A strategy to fail!

One expensive disaster to another.

Most projects more delayed than the trains in the snow, not the gravy train of course ;)

1. Anonymous Coward
      Coat

An Explanation

Maybe they have the wrong sort of users on the lines?

5. John Smith 19 Gold badge
    Joke

Will Claire Perry or Ed Vaizey

Because they bring such deep insights into issues like security, privacy and the role of cloud computing.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Quest?

I personally don't think the Government would succeed in a quest to find it's own a*se with both hands, on it's current record

7. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

And when they fail to find the IT strategy

They could try and find the transport strategy.

Or the energy strategy. Or a host of other strategy vital to the nation's well being.

Good luck with that.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

IT expertise

The elephant in the room is that the MPs making these decisions are incapable of making an informed decision. They are very naive in nearly all contract negotiations and are easy pickings for any major IT conglomerate. *cough* Fujitsu *cough*.

Ignore what business leaders say when they claim there is a lack of IT talent/skills available in the UK. There are plenty of talented homegrown individuals available but they would rather pay a pittance to cheaper coders abroad.

9. Jacqui
    FAIL

Cost cutting

Odd how when the big five consulting groups are to have thier fees cut, "open" and review is accounced before contract reviews are due. Anyone who thinks putting effort into providing evidence (aka free consulting, fed directly to the big five to help them "improve performance") will help anyone but the big five needs the men in white coats.

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Quest to find UK.gov's IT strategy

What? they've mislaid their IT strategy? i'd try the tube trains - always a good place to start when looking for important govt docs.

11. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Martha

I hope Martha specifies this strategy.

12. MGJ
    WTF?

OK, but where is it

Go try doing a search on the No 10 website for it, and then try to find out what it actually means. In particular, what is the plan to get from the current infrastructure to G-Cloud, and why is that important for knowledge workers who work at the same desk every day, processing stuff on re-purposed green screens?

(I understand that lib dem ministers are causing havoc in Whitehall at the moment by refusing to use PCs and insisting that apps are made to run on their Macs. At the same time, civil servants are being asked to lock down networks ever tighter after the latest Wikileaks)

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like