back to article Hacker charged over siphoning off funds meant for software devs

An alleged hacker has been charged with breaking into the e-commerce systems of Digital River before redirecting more than $250,000 to an account under his control. Jeremey Parker of Houston, Texas, 35, is charged with fraudulently obtaining more than $274K between December 2008 and October 2009 following an alleged hack …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The only good hacker...

...is dead or in prison for a very long time.

1. The Fuzzy Wotnot

Fight! Fight! Fight!

Assuming you mean the "medja" interpretation of the word "hacker"? Otherwise you might want to tack a flame-bait icon to your post!

1. Tom 13

And the Nazi symbol use to just be an insignia for long life and prosperity.

before WWII it was used extensively by Kipling who was certainly no fascist sympathizer.

The meanings of words and symbols change and these days both are associated with evils regardless of their actual parentage. In fact, I dare say that even at the time the word was entering the common lexicon it had the negative connotation. I played Steve Jackson's card game of the same name (must admit crash Squishysoft's servers in that game was always satisfying and usually easy) when I was in college, which is now many more years ago than I care to acknowledge.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Digital River?

Why am I not even slightly surprised? Every time I've had dealings with that firm they've been totally inept.

3. Bruce Ordway

Digital River

>that firm they've been totally inept

Ditto... why should I care about them?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like