back to article Seagate snubbed $7.5bn bid

Seagate turned down a bid of $7.5bn when it was shopping itself around private equity buyers last year, it has emerged. This is according to Bloomberg, which wrote about the deal on Saturday. Apparently Seagate was offered $7.5bn by TGP Capital. It is currently capitalised at $6.82bn and was in that rough area in November last …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. bolccg
    Paris Hilton

HDD

in smart phones? Really? This something I've missed?

1. Anton Ivanov
      Thumb Up

Yep, you did

The smartphone storage is finite. Very finite. Same for tablets and same for the original netbook idea as a Media and Internet Device.

So the more snaps you do, the more clips you record, the more movies you watch on the move - the more storage media you will need somewhere else to store it longer term.

1. bolccg

Well sure but

Yeah, of course storage is finite. It's finite on HDDs too. But have you ever seen an HDD in a phone? Have you heard anything about one? Seems like it would seriously knacker the battery?

And are people really recording that much stuff on their phones that it's a significant contribution to their PC storage needs? Surely the ability to buy HD movies and TV off iTunes or whatever must knock that into a cocked hat as a trend worth mentioning in your future prospects as a HDD manufacturer?

Meh, future may prove me wrong but it doesn't seem like a great growth prospect for them to me.

1. Ramazan
          Megaphone

@bolccg

Nokia N91. About 2006

1. bolccg
            Thumb Up

Thanks

Hmm, had never heard of that - thanks for the heads up. Any idea what the battery life was like?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like