back to article Xiotech sexes up new boxes

Xiotech is rebranding its Emprise products, and its coming hybrid NAND and disk drive storage blade is five times faster than the disk-only blade. Xiotech supplies 3U sealed canisters of disk drives called Intelligent Storage Elements (ISEs) – which include low-level storage array controller functionality, drive manufacturer …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. oli_from_germany
    WTF?

14.4? Haaha

If my Name creation Guy would Name my newest hispeed Disk System After a MODEM from the stoneage I would Know what to do.... And If you ask the 25 year old hiflyer Sales guy about this He doesn't even Know about this....

Whatever, Renaming a product is often Done because of a Bad Reputation of the product....

1. Ladewig

Product Names

The 14.4 refers to the capacity of the storage blade. It is more of a model number, not a name.

The renaming has nothing to do with the reputation of the product. Talk to folks who have one (like me), they're great systems. The new names make it easier to see where each product fits from a functionality standpoint. Names like Emprise 5000, Emprise 7000 and Emprise 9000 didn't really communicate what these units were and how they related to each other. The only thing I'd like to see that isn't there is a way to identify the SATA blades vs FC with some designator like they're using H for the hybrids.

This topic is closed for new posts.