back to article Toshiba trounces Seagate on mobile drives

Seagate lost considerable share to Toshiba on mobile hard disk drive shipment, numbers show. Numbers put together by Aaron Rakers of Stifel Nicolaus show that in the fourth 2010 quarter Seagate shipped 11.8 million 2.5-inch mobile drives (excluding product for consumer electronics applications). This number was 14 per cent …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Grenade

boohoo seagate

I enjoy negative news about Seagate, they fricking SUCK in so many ways. I hope they don't tank though, we need them....

Naw they can go to hell.

2. Ammaross Danan
    FAIL

Flash vs HDDs

From the looks of the chart, it seems Seagate was right when it told Flash producers to STFU...

3. Lars Silver badge
    Pint

So sad, or not

In a way it is sad to see how those who work, and play golf, or do not play golf, do well, while those who do not work and play golf, or do not play golf, are not doing so well.

Common sense, still disturbing, and golf is not the issue here.

4. Doug Glass
    Go

Oh well ...

... I guess too many drive failures just pushed buyers to other brands. Maybe Seagate should read the customer reviews and ratings on a few internet seller sites. Bigger may be better, but if your enormous thingy can't finish what you start you may as well not even enter the game.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like