Capgemini has won a £10.5m contract with Tube Lines – the engineering company behind London Underground. The three-year contract extension runs until December 2013 and lengthens a deal first completed in 2005. Capgemini gets responsibility for application support for the first time and continues to provide desktop support (for …
A title is required
If they're going to be outsourcing any part of the Tube operations to India then remind me to walk instead.
Offshoring to Poland - an EU country - doesn't that come with a guarantee that the holders of the job in the UK can relocate on the same pay and conditions?
Offshoring to india - Public money should not be puting UK tax payers our of work and funding the same jobs in India. (Royal Bank of Scotland, I'm looking at you)
support for 2,500 desktops
> Capgemini gets responsibility for application support for the first time and continues to provide desktop support (for 2,500 staff), infrastructure and networks.
How many support staff are required for 2,500 desktops. If they used diskless workstations it would be next to zero.
Something from yesteryear ..
- Microsoft boots 1,500 dodgy apps from the Windows Store
- Windows 7 settles as Windows XP use finally starts to slip … a bit
- HUGE iPAD? Maybe. HUGE ADVERTS? That's for SURE
- Too slow with that iPhone refresh, Apple: Android is GOBBLING up US mobile market
- Tim Cook: I'm NOT worried about CRAP iPad sales. It's just a 'speedbump'