Capgemini has won a £10.5m contract with Tube Lines – the engineering company behind London Underground. The three-year contract extension runs until December 2013 and lengthens a deal first completed in 2005. Capgemini gets responsibility for application support for the first time and continues to provide desktop support ( …
A title is required
If they're going to be outsourcing any part of the Tube operations to India then remind me to walk instead.
Offshoring to Poland - an EU country - doesn't that come with a guarantee that the holders of the job in the UK can relocate on the same pay and conditions?
Offshoring to india - Public money should not be puting UK tax payers our of work and funding the same jobs in India. (Royal Bank of Scotland, I'm looking at you)
support for 2,500 desktops
> Capgemini gets responsibility for application support for the first time and continues to provide desktop support (for 2,500 staff), infrastructure and networks.
How many support staff are required for 2,500 desktops. If they used diskless workstations it would be next to zero.
Something from yesteryear ..
- Despite best efforts, fewer and fewer women are working in tech
- May blocked plans to bring in more Indian IT workers – Vince Cable
- Updated Microsoft keeps schtum as more battery woes hit Surface sufferers
- Openreach split could damage broadband investment, says BT's chief exec
- Comment NSA, GCHQ and even Donald Trump are all after your data