back to article Everything Everywhere dips toe in retail waters

Everything Everywhere, the amalgamated Orange and T-Mobile networks, is opening five instances of a "new creative concept in communications retailing" – or shops as we used to call them. The stores ... sorry ... creative concepts in communications retailing ... will still sell contracts and phones, on both the Orange and T- …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Not a Happy Bunny

They should be called

nothing nowhere.

our fleet of Blackberries have been bricks for most of the last month.

mini rant over

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Mary Portas?

Looks like they've nicked the concept Mary Portas developed for Fonehouse on her C4 prog last week ... though then again felt she might have nicked that from the Apple store (or from an earlier program (?John Harvey-Jones Troubleshooter ?) on Phones4u where the suggestion was staff should concentrate helping customers rather than just sellig to them).

1. Dale 3

Mary Portas

In each of her programmes, Mary Portas says she wants to change the whole industry, whichever industry it happens to be that week, starting with the individual company in that programme. So if they have nicked the idea from Fonehouse, Mary at least should be delighted.

3. Avatar of They
    WTF?

OMG!!!!

That is all.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Orange

Perhaps Orange should spend the money on getting a 3G network that has the capacity to handle the users it currently has before it goes on trying to get more people signed up on contracts to services it can't provide. And then they will be stuck for 2 years on an endless loop of "there's a mast problem in your area which should be fixed by the end of next week" and "try turning off the 3G on your phone" followed by "we have the best 3G coverage in the country". And there's no escape because you are in the contract and they have their small print that says "we cannot guarantee a service".

1. Michael Jennings

Merge the networks.

Or just get somewhere with the network share, so that I can roam to T-Mobile's 3G network when Orange's craps out, as it does far too often. As it is, I have to drop to 2G, which is better than nothing but still sub-optimal.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Everything Everywhere

Not sure why but I already have a substantial level of dislike for this brand.

Maybe it's because they are soon to start pushing NFC cash replacements to the yoof via these "creative concepts in communications retailing".

Maybe it's because last year Orange actually really did state that in a few years time we'll all likley be paying for things via microchips embedded into our skin.

Maybe it's because coming out with bullshit like "creative concepts in communications retailing" automatically pisses me off.

Maybe its just because it's a stupid name.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Maybe it's big horse..

..it is an unholy concoction, made from the guts of T-Mobile (whose connectivity and coverage is unspeakably weak) and Orange whose plans and billing sydtems such, whose coverage and backhaul is feeble in extremis and who like to SMS spam customers with surprising regularity.

Putting it in a slightly overdesigned store doesn't banish the fail. Can't polish a turd.

1. Paw Bokenfohr

...well, you *can* polish a turd...

...but all you end up with is a shiny turd.

1. paulf
          Coat

Re: ...well, you *can* polish a turd...

More likely you end up with a filthy duster and an empty can of Pledge

and a turd covered in polish.

2. CD001

Yup

"Everything Everywhere Wednesdays" doesn't exactly roll off the tongue does it?

6. Jemma
    Grenade

...more like...

Arrogant Clueless Talentless Theiving Lying A-holes...

And that doesnt even come close to what I think of them at the moment. They're right at the top of my revenge pending list right now, even above the child abuser I know who managed to leg it before the US police arrived - having infected his kid with HPV...

Its a shame companies dont have graves - because I'd borg/freeze/brain in a bowl myself - just so I lived long enough to dance on it... however long it took

7. TeeCee Gold badge
    FAIL

"new creative concept in communications retailing"

There's some important information missing here.

What colour is it and can it be fitted nasally?

8. Dr. Funk.
    Alert

Altrincham, Bishops Stortford, Eltham, Lowestoft and Evesham

Interesting selection of towns.

I'd be interested to know what their criteria were when selecting the locations .

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Name?

Name? Easy, call it Magenta Telecom http://bit.ly/9YgDok

10. richtux

Uuurrrggghhhhh....

Do they provide sick bags at the 'Friends Bar'?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like