back to article Apple to launch queue-jumping service for little people

Apple is to launch a queue-jumping service for those who urgently need a genius and are prepared to pay to avoid the wait. For a token $500 a year Apple will enrol five users into its new "Joint Venture", providing telephone support and the aforementioned priority service, according to reports from both Boy Genius Report and …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Tom 35

genius

So I expect Apple to claim to own the word genius any time now.

1. Wommit
      Pint

No,

that would be iGenius.

1. Sarah Bee (Written by Reg staff)

Re: No,

yawn

1. Wommit
          Pint

Re : Sarah Bee

Tired Sarah?

I might have been the first to post it, but I bet I wasn't the only one who thought it.

:)

Re: Re : Sarah Bee

If there was a story about Apple building a big shiny white bus, would you rush to post "iBus! It's an iBus!!!"? Why? Why is it funny or clever?

Such inanities are too boring to live. I will delete on sight next time, so enjoy while you can.

1. Tigra 07
              Thumb Up

RE: Sarah

I seriously doubt apple would use the word bus.

And if they did they would sue everyone else using the word bus as they did with "pod"

Re: RE: Sarah

I wasn't being literal.

Good grief.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Happy

You mean iGenius

you forgot the i, very iMportant when you are registering iTradmarks and iPatents

3. Anonymous Coward
      Joke

Paging Mr. Asimov

iThink that iRobot is iTaken.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

re: pushing in to small companies

No, I'm sure you didn't mean ...

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I suggested something along these lines...

I remember speaking to a couple of UK Apple Business guys at a store and suggesting something along these lines a year or so ago. As a small business we get no priority support from Apple unless we pay thousands of pounds for enterprise support.

The Pro Care that Apple have been selling is extremely vague about what you can expect and how many different laptops, etc. can be enrolled per person. I think we'd probably go for this. £500 to jump the queue and hopefully get priority repairs as well for our 10 Macs and iPhones would work out £25 per device per year - IF we could include all of these on our account.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

I wouldn't trust my companies IT to them.

Do you think that the geniuses have years of experience in their field and are top notch technicians hand picked by Apple to be the saviours of the Faith - er brand...or that they are the uni students who have spunked their student loan on an Iphone and MacBook and now need to get a job to support their drinking?

The Tech Guys of the Apple world.

1. jonathanb Silver badge

Re geniuses

Certainly from my experience of them, they seem to know their stuff. The one who fixed my MacBook was quite young, I believe just out of uni, but he knew what he was doing. Certainly miles better than anyone at PC World.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Thumb Down

priority repairs as well for our 10 Macs and iPhones

Or you could just buy kit that doesn't break down?

4. Fat Jez
    Joke

Surely...

... it's ingenious ;o)

5. Anonymous Coward
    Jobs Horns

Why?

Why do they even need geniuses?

I thought Apple products "just work?"

1. A. Nervosa

Why

Like most PCs, generally, they do just work. It's often their users that don't.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Badgers

Just work...

They generally do. Its usually the users that are the problem (the same as with Windows, before anyone leaps down my throat). Eliminate the users and you have an IT support nirvana...

1. Anonymous Coward
        Jobs Horns

PEBCAC

I think you're referring to PEBCAC: Problem Exists Between Chair And Computer

(sorry iPEBCAC - for Sarah)

2. Tom 35

You could call it

Faulty Towers IT services...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like