back to article Huawei-Symantec takes big step with Force10

Huawei-Symantec is now selling storage in North America in partnership with Force10 Networks. Huawei-Symantec (H-S) is a joint venture between data protection and information management software vendor Symantec and Chinese IT giant Huawei, which says it has over 1,000 customers in more than 40 countries. Huawei builds a line …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Alert

Hu-R-They? A question of trust

The Huawei Syamntec storage product range is generally ignored by the channel who favour the better known brands.

From experience I know that the Huawei Syamntec documentation, manuals and user interfaces on the kit leave more than a little to be desired: AKA "Chinglish"

Perhaps they should have appointed their American counterparts at Symantec to author and proof read the documents

I do wonder if this product will take off in Western Europe or whether it will be met with the same resistance that it experiences in the US of A,who tend not to trust anything made by Huawei, even though they've teamed up with the American giant Symantec to bring a sense of familiarity to the brand.

There are two Distis of Huawei Syamntec in the UK, one is a seasoned tech disti based in the Cotswolds. The other is based in Manchested and have a lot to learn about the UK channel.

It's a difficult siuation in the UK, selling a product that hasn't really achieved brand awareness within the channel, even though the OceanSpace product is reasonably priced, has some decent features and performs quite well..

I doubt this new synergy with Force Ten will make much of an impact, but let's watch this space, I could be eating my words in 6 months time...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like