Irish distributor DCC has bought Advent Data Limited – the Leeds-based office consumables supplier. Advent employs 111 people and made a profit in 2010 of €4.5m on turnover of €150.1m. Advent flogs printer cartridges and other office supplies; it claims to more than £10m in stock at its Elland warehouse. DCC, made up of five …
DCC own Micro-P who are the company who brought Advent Data.
DCC Sercom is the Selling arm of DCC which includes, in the UK, Micro Peripherals Ltd, GEM Distribution, Sharptext, Distrilogie and now Advent.
DCC do not trade as micro-p they are a different company owned by DCC
- VMware sued, accused of ripping off Linux kernel source code
- Microsoft comes right out and says backup software is dead
- Promo World’s oldest IT dining society breaks into the House of Lords
- IBM buys 'deep learning' upstart Alchemy API, inhales 40,000 devs
- IBM System x biz sales: The numbers are out... and they're not pretty