back to article Intel reports record first quarter

Intel's first-quarter 2011 revenue set a new company record at $12.8bn, exceeding the Wall Street moneymen's predictions and causing Chipzilla's stock to pop up as high as six per cent in after-hours trading. "The first-quarter revenue was an all-time record for Intel fueled by double digit annual revenue growth in every major …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Ammaross Danan
    Go

I wonder

Makes you wonder if this is including their losses for their Cougar Point "recall." They make excellent processors. Unfortunately they don't have any competition in the high-end market. The Sandy Bridge parts are pointless to buy a non "K" series part, since a 3.4GHz i5 can OC to 4.4GHz reliably with the stock fan that comes with it....who wouldn't want an extra 30% bump in single-thread performance? If there was competition, these parts would likely have higher base-clocked non-"K" parts...

But I digress...12.8bn should allow them to continue improving their CPUs. Can't wait for the next-gen architecture. Even a die shrink will be a nice bit of thermal/power reduction.

1. fandom

Maybe

They ended up selling those processors to customers who 'promised' not to use them in the conditions that trigger the bug.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Bulldozer

I was thinking the same thing regarding the Cougar Point recall, that can't have helped, but against $12.8bn it probably doesn't seem too bad.

Hopefully AMD will bring a very competitive CPU in the release of their Bulldozer cores, but Intel may be ready with a Sandy Bridge refresh/price drop by the time AMD get them out the door.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like