back to article Microsoft online app melodrama wins federal certification

Microsoft's BPOS-Federal suite of online business applications has been certified for use by the US government. Which highlights the fact that it wasn't certified earlier. Earlier this month, Microsoft made headlines when it accused Google of making "misleading security claims" to the US government, an accusation that hinged …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. David 164
    Stop

So Microsoft was lying as well?

An the plot thickens.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Unhappy

Is anyone surprised?

Having sat through more than my fair share of BPOS sales pitches, they'll just about tell you the f'ing thing will mop your floors and cure cancer... and having migrated 40k seats to them I can assure you that they were stretching the truth *just* a little when they characterized their services as enterprise grade (just ask our users).

Of course, they are cheap - which tends to happen when you can give your software away. Notice I didn't say inexpensive or great value for the money.

2. Tzael

Add a few details and the irony subsides

The irony wouldn't be so deep if you included all the facts Cade - nice try though ;)

3. doperative
    Alien

Report missing facts ?

> The irony wouldn't be so deep if you included all the facts Cade - nice try though ;), Tzael

What facts were not included in the above report, please cite explicid examples of these missing facts.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Not the least surprised.

For all the utility you might get from implementing the various security standards, the government certification process is less about implementing them than it is about getting the right paper pusher to sign the correct piece of paper. Said paper pusher not necessarily needing to be technically competent to evaluate it, or even competent to push his own paper.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like