back to article Ubuntu cloud chief beats CTO to exit door

You can add another name to the board members leaving Ubuntu steward Canonical:Neil Levine, the executive in charge of the Linux's cloud and server maturation. He has left Canonical for a six-man, venture-capital funded start up called Soba Labs currently in stealth mode and working on cloud systems management. Levine is a co- …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

New Corporate direction

Run awaaaaaaaaay.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

As Private Fraser would say...

We're Doomed I Tell Ye. We're Doomed.

Ok, mines the one with a copy of a Dad's Army DVD in the pocket.

1. Captain TickTock
      Coat

Don't panic Mr Shuttleworth!

They don't like it .rpm!

3. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

I've decided to move away from *ubuntu

Canonical is gettin silly, won't be using *ubuntu for personal or professional use any more.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Black Helicopters

Whilst I hope

Whilst I hope that one of these departing people has got Unity in their pocket, I hope even more that the future of Ubuntu is secure.

5. Mark Greenwood
    Joke

They're looking for a new COO?

I'll do it. By the looks of the current release the job description is "sit around and pick your nose". For that kind of salary I'll eat my own bogies. So long as I can work from home.

6. Kevin 6
    Coat

Wow

"Canonical was not available to comment at the time of writing. "

Maybe the PR people quit too :D

7. Doug Glass
    Go

A walk in the clouds ...

...followed by a crash to the earth. News at 11.

8. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

and talking of security..

I was somewhat surprised to find that by varying 1 or 2 characters of a share someone elses share could be accessed. Surely this ain't right or proper?!

9. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Ha!

Looks to me like Shuttleworth's "My way or the highway" attitude is starting to ruffle a few feathers.

10. syncdram
    Unhappy

There going Corperate!

The writing is all over the wall guys, I've seen this before. Selling a company in this way is the results you see. When investors come in and start running the show the way they feel it should be, the first people to go is upper management. This is the end of ubuntu as we new it. Many times upper management leave on statements to peruse other things its there way of getting out without the "fired" attached to it but the truth is ubuntu has fallen by way of redhat. I am so sorry this has happened and have since left ubuntu as a long time user since 6 was released and moved to linuxmint debian xfce.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like