back to article Platform gets graphic with HPC cluster manager

Not everybody who needs to build a cluster wants to be a Linux expert. And that is why Platform Computing has slapped an all-encompassing Web-based graphical user interface onto the 3 release of its Platform HPC cluster management tool. Those who are Linux experts, of course, will be able to fly from command to command as they …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Tom 7

How much?

It would be cheaper to put yourself through an IT college if you fancy 100 nodes or more.

Or buy a linux wizard for a couple of weeks to set you up and do a little maintenance if you only fancied 10 or so.

2. SplitBrain
    WTF?

Amusing...

So someone has gone and created a GUI to make a HPC config easy to use for new to *nix users? Are they fooking serious....

If you need a GUI, go manage a windoze box, leave the proper computing to properly qualified techies please.

1. wayward4now
      Linux

Amazing!

I agree, cheaper to buy pizza and beer for a crowd of 20somethings and let 'em at it.

3. tell
    FAIL

Are they Serious?

There are so many bizarre statements in this article. First of all this is the latest version of Platform HPC but it comes with an older version of LSF????? Huh?

And for some reason LSF is *magically* 2-20 percent faster than PBS and SGE?? why not 4-40% or 1-2% sounds like someone pulled that number out of their a*s. I agree with the other commenters. There are tons of better and cheaper $$$ solutions out there that work very well why would I pay $550 for Platform's software ???

Confused & Amused.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like