back to article Dell rumoured to be looking at Brocade

Could Dell be readying a bid for Brocade and its networking business? US media outlets such as Barrons are reporting a Canaccord Genuity analyst's note saying Dell could and should buy Brocade. Brocade dominates the Fibre Channel storage networking business and has an Ethernet business courtesy of its Foundry acquisition. …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Matt Bryant Silver badge
    Meh

So....

.... how many Brocade shares does (alledgedly) Mansky need to shift?

<COUGH>boost<COUGH>

Seeing as many other vendors with bigger pockets (IBM and hp, or even Snoreacle) also use lots of Brocade kit, even if Brocade were truly a Dell target it is highly likely that Dell would lose a bidding war (remember 3PAR and Netezza).

1. Levente Szileszky

RE: So...

Yeah, it does not make too much sense to me either for its projected price. Dell should definitely start to clean up its networking lineup and I know storage is all the rage at Dell nowadays but I think Brocade is just too expensive for its limited portfolio.

2. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Ha!!

I think they're still gutted that HP beat them to the 3PAR acquisition and will buy anything they can. Face it Dell - you're just a bunch of guys who sell on discount not value. I worked their for two years and speak from experience.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like