back to article Slowing economy trims jobs growth in US

According to a report issued by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, job creation in the US economy has slowed and in May, the economy added only 54,000 net new jobs compared to the 160,000 anticipated by economists. The official unemployment rate inched up a tenth of a point to 9.1 per cent, and the actual unemployment rate is very …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. JB
    Happy

Receptionists?

I wonder how many of those 54,000 jobs were for receptionists. I'm looking wor work, and all I can find under admin/office, apart from the scam jobs, are companies needing 'front desk representatives'. I think the US should change their immigration policies immediately to solve this evident shortage of reception staff!

1. Solomon Grundy

Good Idea

There is a shortage of good reception people here. We just spent six weeks looking for one. It was odd, so many of the U.S. citizens who applied were simply rude, obnoxious people who were grossly unprofessional and who held no qualifications. We did find one though. An immigrant. We had a good laugh about having to sponsor an immigrant because the U.S. applicants were horrible people who thought the $26 US per hour pay was beneath them.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Joke of the weak?

(no spelling mistake there at all)

US raids Libya's £3 billion of reserves to help fund (well, you know) only to find an IOU left by Goldman Sachs.

<pause for laughter>

The trouble is Goldman Sachs sold Libya toxic debt!

<pause for laughter>

Yes, the same debt that is bankrupting US and lots of other nations.

<do NOT pause for laughter>

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like