back to article HP refuses to resurrect global partner piss-up conference

HP has confirmed will not be running a global partner knees-up for the third year running much to chagrin of some in the UK channel who are keen to get a run down of top level strategy, particularly in light of Leo Apotheker's succession to disgraced former CEO Mark Hurd. Despite rivals and other major vendors reinstating …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Devil

Mandatory Conference

"Not all dealers miss the global events though, "I hate conferences, I don't see how channel execs can afford to spend the best part of a week out of the office to fly to the US, it's never particularly productive."

Don't HP realise just how critical these, err, events are to the safe running of our major organistations. The Peter Principle ensures that those "channel execs" at the top are actually useless incompetents, so being able to send them "out of the office" for a week is key to keeping them out of the way while the real work is done. If they're in the office, they expect progress reports, and have ideas. (shudder!)

2. Anonymous Coward
    Megaphone

Upset they are not getting a paid for holiday to the states

I think the title says it all but that's all I see this as. We live in a connected world, you can reach the CEO via your channel.

Shouty icon because that's what all of these people are.

1. ps2os2
      Joke

Paid Holiday

Or in this case maybe YOUTUBE would be faster and more fun.

3. This post has been deleted by its author

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I would not spend a week travelling for a global event...

When I started my career I loved these global events (big parties, and a weekend in a great US city). But I've done all that. Now all i want is a busines benefit and there is no way I can justify a week out of the office to just meet one supplier. A one or two day event in Europe is much more productive, there are opportunities to hear Leo Apotheker and other influential speakers in EMEA events…

Perhaps i am more worrried about the bottom line nowadays!

5. Disco-Legend-Zeke
    Pint

"...[Vendor With The]...

...least visibility of strategy or strategic engagement in the channel is HP,"

But they will let you know as soon as they figure it out.

HP builds the coolest gear on the planet. Product first, planning second, marketing last.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Worldwide conferences

HP has got this totally right. I used to go to these worldwide events to hear American executives patronise us about what works in the US and that we should learn from them cos "we are all behind them".

Most of it there recommendations do not apply to UK or Europe at all. It is a complete waste of time. Lots of hype, little content. HP is much better off spending this money on local events which helps us generate new business here. Well done HP, keep it as it is. You have made the right decision.

PS If I want a piss up, I can organise one myself. I don't need to go to the US to have someone else pay.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like