The impact of the Japan earthquake and tsunami on the semiconductor industry will be felt for the remainder of the year, according to a warning from Gartner. The analyst has cut its worldwide revenue growth forecast to $299bn (£184bn), representing growth of 5.1 per cent compared to previous estimates of 6.2 per cent, due to an …
3 week added delay
Delivery of my new uber-fast copier from Canon has been delayed due to the manufacturing shortages in Japan - and it's the silly things that are out of stock in Europe - the automatic sheet feeder for the scanner, and the 2 drawer paper tray pedestal with wheels!
Ah well, due in 2 weeks time - been waiting 5 weeks...
Apparently the delays are caused by factories in some areas being rationed on their electricity - and thus running reduced manufacturing hours.
- Pic + vid Microsoft dumps ARM for Atom with cut-price Surface 3 fondleslab
- New dirt-cheap Chromebooks: Team Google keeps jackboot on throat of PC titans
- HP blasts $5.1bn sueball at ex-Autonomy execs, Lynch preps return fire
- Life after Lord Shugs looks good, as Viglen directors' packages swell
- Notebooks drag PC sales out the toilet, fondleslabs still falling