The impact of the Japan earthquake and tsunami on the semiconductor industry will be felt for the remainder of the year, according to a warning from Gartner. The analyst has cut its worldwide revenue growth forecast to $299bn (£184bn), representing growth of 5.1 per cent compared to previous estimates of 6.2 per cent, due to an …
3 week added delay
Delivery of my new uber-fast copier from Canon has been delayed due to the manufacturing shortages in Japan - and it's the silly things that are out of stock in Europe - the automatic sheet feeder for the scanner, and the 2 drawer paper tray pedestal with wheels!
Ah well, due in 2 weeks time - been waiting 5 weeks...
Apparently the delays are caused by factories in some areas being rationed on their electricity - and thus running reduced manufacturing hours.
- Loose lips slip when Windows 10 ships: 'End of July' says AMD CEO
- EMEA PC market circling rim, headed for U-bend plunge
- Feature IT'S WAR: Hacktivists throw in their lot with spies and the military
- Raytheon borgs Websense to create cybersecurity behemoth
- HP's $3 BEELLLION Aruba buy ‘significantly undervalues’ wireless operator