The impact of the Japan earthquake and tsunami on the semiconductor industry will be felt for the remainder of the year, according to a warning from Gartner. The analyst has cut its worldwide revenue growth forecast to $299bn (£184bn), representing growth of 5.1 per cent compared to previous estimates of 6.2 per cent, due to an …
3 week added delay
Delivery of my new uber-fast copier from Canon has been delayed due to the manufacturing shortages in Japan - and it's the silly things that are out of stock in Europe - the automatic sheet feeder for the scanner, and the 2 drawer paper tray pedestal with wheels!
Ah well, due in 2 weeks time - been waiting 5 weeks...
Apparently the delays are caused by factories in some areas being rationed on their electricity - and thus running reduced manufacturing hours.
- Analysis UK.gov's Open Source switch WON'T get rid of Microsoft, y'know
- UK government officially adopts Open Document Format
- Report: American tech firms charge Britons a thumping nationality tax
- iPad? More like iFAD: We reveal why Apple fell into IBM's arms
- Microsoft's MCSE and MCSD will become HARDER to win