The impact of the Japan earthquake and tsunami on the semiconductor industry will be felt for the remainder of the year, according to a warning from Gartner. The analyst has cut its worldwide revenue growth forecast to $299bn (£184bn), representing growth of 5.1 per cent compared to previous estimates of 6.2 per cent, due to an …
3 week added delay
Delivery of my new uber-fast copier from Canon has been delayed due to the manufacturing shortages in Japan - and it's the silly things that are out of stock in Europe - the automatic sheet feeder for the scanner, and the 2 drawer paper tray pedestal with wheels!
Ah well, due in 2 weeks time - been waiting 5 weeks...
Apparently the delays are caused by factories in some areas being rationed on their electricity - and thus running reduced manufacturing hours.
- Microsoft boots 1,500 dodgy apps from the Windows Store
- Windows 7 settles as Windows XP use finally starts to slip … a bit
- HUGE iPAD? Maybe. HUGE ADVERTS? That's for SURE
- Too slow with that iPhone refresh, Apple: Android is GOBBLING up US mobile market
- Tim Cook: I'm NOT worried about CRAP iPad sales. It's just a 'speedbump'