The impact of the Japan earthquake and tsunami on the semiconductor industry will be felt for the remainder of the year, according to a warning from Gartner. The analyst has cut its worldwide revenue growth forecast to $299bn (£184bn), representing growth of 5.1 per cent compared to previous estimates of 6.2 per cent, due to an …
3 week added delay
Delivery of my new uber-fast copier from Canon has been delayed due to the manufacturing shortages in Japan - and it's the silly things that are out of stock in Europe - the automatic sheet feeder for the scanner, and the 2 drawer paper tray pedestal with wheels!
Ah well, due in 2 weeks time - been waiting 5 weeks...
Apparently the delays are caused by factories in some areas being rationed on their electricity - and thus running reduced manufacturing hours.
- Updated Microsoft keeps schtum as more battery woes hit Surface sufferers
- Openreach split could damage broadband investment, says BT's chief exec
- Comment NSA, GCHQ and even Donald Trump are all after your data
- Virgin boss warns Brexit could hamstring broadband investment
- Digi minister Matt Hancock: Britain needs go full fibre. And we're not paying for it