The impact of the Japan earthquake and tsunami on the semiconductor industry will be felt for the remainder of the year, according to a warning from Gartner. The analyst has cut its worldwide revenue growth forecast to $299bn (£184bn), representing growth of 5.1 per cent compared to previous estimates of 6.2 per cent, due to an …
3 week added delay
Delivery of my new uber-fast copier from Canon has been delayed due to the manufacturing shortages in Japan - and it's the silly things that are out of stock in Europe - the automatic sheet feeder for the scanner, and the 2 drawer paper tray pedestal with wheels!
Ah well, due in 2 weeks time - been waiting 5 weeks...
Apparently the delays are caused by factories in some areas being rationed on their electricity - and thus running reduced manufacturing hours.
- What's Brexit? How Tech UK tore up its plans after June 23
- Exclusive Lenovo: Our gear will be 10% more pricey from 1 August
- Is digital fraud big in UK? British abacus-botherers finally have some answers
- Updated Zen loses its chill: UK biz ISP falls offline for four hours and counting
- Systemax flogs German sub to CANCOM