Oracle has scheduled a conference call with its stoic reseller base to outline an overhaul of the compensation structure to win over the more disillusioned element in its channel, namely former Sun Microsystems dealers. Hosted by Judson Althoff, veep for worldwide alliances and channels at the US tech monster, the phone briefing …
No just slow delivery either
Oracle take days to price orders and decide on volume discounts, something IBM seem to be able to do in hours.
Not only that, change a single item, and the whole process has to be redone. They seem to have lost the plot when it comes to selling kit, and are entirely focussed on their appliance strategy.
Airborne pork produce spotted...
...Oracle actually gives away some money, instead of trying to increase Ellisons bonus. Oops I meant "margins".
It's in the name. Or should have been.
When Oracle bought Peoplesoft they could have changed their name to Orasoft. Then they bought Siebel, and should have changed their name to Orable.
I get it!
- Superfish 2.0: Dell ships laptops, PCs with huge internet security hole
- Windows 10 pilot rollouts will surge in early 2016, says Gartner
- Dell: How to kill that web security hole we put in your laptops, PCs
- Exclusive Oracle confesses to quietly axing its UK software support centre
- Amazon now renting physical servers you can cuddle and love