back to article Bischoff's bargain-basement breakout battle at Acer

Troubled Taiwanese PC maker Acer has enlisted the services of former HP and Fujitsu Siemens exec Bernd Bischoff to advise on a "ground-up restructure" of its EMEA professional business. The consultancy role was confirmed to senior staff by president Walter Deppeler as Acer, wrestling with excess kit woes and weakened demand in …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Tom 7

When Oh When

are these troublesome laptops going to be available. Mine locks up after a couple of hours use but with these on the way I can cope...

1. Anonymous Coward
      Linux

The story keeps on running ...

but where are the laptops? Do they actually exist, or is El Reg having a nightmare?

1. Rob Beard
        Thumb Up

eBuyer.com

eBuyer.com have a really cheap Acer in, 2.1Ghz Celeron Dual Core, 3GB Ram, 320GB hard drive, 15" widescreen all for £260. Okay not a spec that will win any awards but it's nearly Netbook money, in fact nowadays possibly as cheap or cheaper than a Netbook.

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/241595

(Note, I'm not affiliated with eBuyer, I used to work for them years ago but now I'm just an occasional customer of theirs, and a friend asked how much laptops are these days).

Rob

2. Marvin the Martian
    Unhappy

Bringing in HP and Fujitsu-Siemens knowlegde?

OK, if that's any laptop knowledge he brings then definitely no more Acers for me... I've never known of serial problems like with the three Fujitsu-Siemens' that I saw.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like