back to article Octacore AMD Bulldozers exposed by Turks

A Turkish website claims to have inside information about specifications and benchmark results for AMD's upcoming multi-core Bulldozer processors. Unfortunately, it's impossible to verify the specs (Google Translate version) published by the news 'n' rumor site, DonanımHaber. AMD spokeswoman Miriam Cox declined to "comment on …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

AMD seems to have a lot of good stuff coming

From what I see AMD has been quietly doing a lot of development work over the past several years to completely change the direction of computing for the better. They seem to have gained a large following for the Llano A-series laptop segment and Bulldozer looks to be a quantum leap forward for AMD across all segments. It's great that consumers will once again have wonderful performance and value PC options.

2. Steven Dick
    Thumb Down

Fake?

Would these be the benchmarks that are reported as fake over at SemiAccurate's forum? Appears to be a case of photoshopping: http://semiaccurate.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5071

3. ChrisInAStrangeLand
    Meh

Quantum leap indeed.

The leap in CPU performance in the Llano processor was a quantum leap. It's infinitesimally faster than an Athlon X4. It's almost capable of competing with an Intel i3 2100 processor, Intel's cheapest "core" brand chip, which has half the cores and uses less than half the silicon.

Neither chip is capable of being used for serious gaming.

4. Chris 228

Works for me

I'm buying an A8-3530mx powered laptop which does everything I need a laptop to do. When Bulldozer arrives I'll upgrade my desktop as Bulldozer's performance looks to be a big increase over AMDs current hex core CPUs.

5. cmaurand
    Linux

They work for me

I've been using AMD chips for over a decade. My current set up is a 6 cord machine and I've been seriously happy with it. It does everything I ask including running a copy of VMWare server. and I don't notice that its there when I'm running videos while doing development work.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I'm not concerned about faked reports

I like the direction that AMD is headed and will continue to buy their products.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like