Weakening consumer demand and a botched ERP system migration dampened Q2 profits at broadline giant Ingram Micro but a currency updraft lifted sales. The largest IT distie on the planet last night reported a near 12 per cent boost in income to $59.7m (£36.6m) and a 7 per cent slide in operating profits to $97.1m (£59.6m) …
This would be interesting....
...if the article stated what the ERP system was and who the system Implementers were that botched it up!
- Despite best efforts, fewer and fewer women are working in tech
- AMD is a rounding error on Intel's spreadsheet and that sucks for us all
- Sky’s CEO drops MVNO bombshell at results conference
- Microsoft kinda did OK this quarter – but whatever, Wall Street loves Satya Nadella
- Fujitsu Voice is no more: Employee works council shuttered as job cuts loom