The UK PC channel is stuffed for 2011: both in terms of unsold kit and weakened demand across all market segments, according to Gartner. The beancounter today slashed worldwide PC sales projections for this year and next, cutting 2011 forecasts to 3.8 per cent growth from previous estimates of 9.3 per cent and down a couple of …
$50 isn't worth anything?
So, we are not buying at $50 discount - how about trying a $100 discount? Yep, I'd very probably upgrade my 5-year old family PC at that point but I can't justify the money. Heaven knows we need to replace it, but c'mon, the WAF is high at the moment with all this doom and gloom around.
Admittedly, the vendor will probably make a loss at $100, but they'd better shift the stock as it's value is only decreasing anyway. Cut the losses.
To summarise: Discounts would still work but they have to be sufficient to make us want to open our wallets. Money's tight, idiot.
- Analysis Free Windows 10 could mean the END for Microsoft and the PC biz
- Pull up the Windows 10 duvet and pretend Win8 and Vista were BAD DREAMS
- Microsoft will give away Windows 10 FREE - for ONE year
- Analysis FIVE Things (NOT 10: these are REAL) from the WINDOWS 10 event
- Is Windows RT not invited to the Windows 10 upgrade party?