back to article Buy a $1m storage brute, get a free iPad app

IBM released so many system and storage announcements this week that it was difficult to zoom in on the most interesting ones: there were 55 in all. We'll focus on the high-end array and cloud file storage items in this convoy of news. Big Blue has improved the Easy Tier's automatic placement of data in tiers on its high-end …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Cunningly Linguistic
    Facepalm

I remember about 20 years ago, Hope Hospital got a new MRI scanner from Philips. It cost £1m (in late-1980s pounds) and the radiographers driving it were dead chuffed because it came with a free kettle!

2. jake Silver badge

Uh-huh.

I'm going to spend $BOATLOAD of $CURRENCY on a data storage system ... and then allow it to be accessible by a personal, non-corporate, unsecureable mobile device.

What the fuck are these idiots smoking? Whatever it is, I don't want any ...

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

justification for an iPad

I am sure this app is purely to give IT directors and Storage Admins a corporate justification to buy an iPad with end of year money.

I work with XIV for IBM, the app is kinda cool, and the iPad is a corporate manageable device.

Several years ago a few friends used the justification that they needed a bootable external firewire hard drive for imaging Apple laptops (before they would boot USB), to purchase iPods with IT funds. It was perfectly true that the iPod was the cheapest Firewire external HD, and they did use them to image laptops, but they also used them for music while working.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like