Services revenues prevented software giant Symantec recording excellent results across the board in its second fiscal 2012 quarter. Symantec recorded revenues of $1.68bn in the quarter, ending 30 September, 14 per cent higher than a year ago. Net income was $182m, a satisfying 36 per cent higher than the year-ago quarter. The …
Symantec disbanded their services, in favor of partners taking it over. So this is not a bad as it seems.
I had the unfortunate experience of working for Symantec's Services division a couple of years ago. It was the most screwed up development organisation that I've ever had the misfortune to observe.
The only real surprise is that Enrique Salem has allowed the situation to fester. Without a root and branch overhaul the Services division will only get a lot worse.
- Worstall on Wednesday It's Big, it's Blue... it's simply FABLESS! IBM's chip-free future
- Routine WHAT NOW? Bank of England’s CHAPS payment system goes TITSUP
- Consumers start feeling the love as Chromebook sales surge
- Comment Reg man has the cure for IBM storage: Just swallow 10 firms
- Warning to those who covet the data of Internet of Precious Things