Services revenues prevented software giant Symantec recording excellent results across the board in its second fiscal 2012 quarter. Symantec recorded revenues of $1.68bn in the quarter, ending 30 September, 14 per cent higher than a year ago. Net income was $182m, a satisfying 36 per cent higher than the year-ago quarter. The …
Symantec disbanded their services, in favor of partners taking it over. So this is not a bad as it seems.
I had the unfortunate experience of working for Symantec's Services division a couple of years ago. It was the most screwed up development organisation that I've ever had the misfortune to observe.
The only real surprise is that Enrique Salem has allowed the situation to fester. Without a root and branch overhaul the Services division will only get a lot worse.
- Analysis Ballmer's billion-dollar blunders: When he gambled Microsoft's money and lost
- Blighty tablet sales plunge 31 per cent in saturated market
- Exclusive + analysis How to waste two years and lose $415m: Cisco's now-dead Whiptail deal
- Q. How much did Google just spend applying political pressure in the US? A. $4.6 million
- Oracle storage analytics break Oracle storage appliances