back to article Capita seeks 99 heads for chopping block

Capita IT services biz is bowing to economic pressures by seeking voluntary redundancies just weeks before Christmas. The integrator wants 99 staff members across six operating units to place their heads on the chopping block. A spokeswoman at Capita told El Reg that following numerous acquisitions it has made, the business …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I've had the misfortune to work for Capita and I learned quite quickly that if you never believe a word they say you’ll be far better off.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Never a truer word said. Despite all the horror stories, I accepted a position with Capita ITS (you can't tar the whole company with the same brush I thought).

It turns out that the "Senior Engineer" with "Capita ITS" position was a 2nd line helpdesk job in the remnants of an insurance company Capita brought out. And it was being shut down in under a year!

Not nice to walk into a job to find all your colleagues looking at redundancy law websites!

The mind boggles........

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"applications management; distributed infrastructure services; integrated solutions; procurement and logistics; service management; and tools and automation"

Which of those is actually the guy with the screwdrivers and punchdown tool in his pocket?

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

99 eh? That's a curiously precise number, and one below the more natural 100. It wouldn't just so happen that for 100 or more redundancies, a certain longer consultation period is required, would it? Surely not...

1. dotdavid
      Alert

99 bottles of beer on a wall

And next month we'll have another 99. And the month after another 99. And the mont...

4. Willington

"We have reviewed our operating model in order to make the business more efficient and productive" = Although we know we need you to fulfil our contractual obligations to our customers, fuck them and fuck you! We'll just employ another grunt to manage the complaints and dance all the way to our big fat bonuses.

I have also had the misfortune to work for Capita. I took redundancy as soon as it was offered.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Capita's got 99 problems but being rich ain't one.

This topic is closed for new posts.