back to article Ultrabooks to account for 35% of Acer laptop shipments

We already know that, having failed to set the world alight with its tablets, Acer is keen to talk up alternatives, most notably Intel's Ultrabook platform. So it comes as little surprise that the PC maker is saying it's going to sell a lot of them this year. Specifically, it reckons at least a quarter and perhaps more than a …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Big_Ted
    Childcatcher

Here we are on the edge of recession and what do the pc makers do ?

They roll out a new form factor that costs at least twice as much as their current offering with little or no improovement for the majority of users.

Only those who need a laptop that has mega fast disk access will notice anything, as to the form factor itself, only for a very limited time is the thing actually being carried anywhere so again over priced for what it is.

I would much rather buy a current laptop and a tablet for the price of one of these things as I would have all the bases covered.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Mine gets carried round a *lot*. Maybe if you had a smaller lighter computer yours would too?

2. Flocke Kroes Silver badge

Shipments are not the same as sales

I would rather have an infrabook - thick and heavy enough to be durable. Cheap enough that losing or breaking it is not a distaster.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

I wouldn't trust Acer to make a stable ultrabook when even their netbooks turn into bricks from overheating...

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Acer must only be selling three laptops a week if Ultrabooks = 35% of their sales.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like