Avnet Technology Solutions has admitted that server hard disks stolen during a break-in at one of its offices contained confidential data on staff, reseller customers and vendors. In a statement sent to El Reg, Avnet said the gear was nicked from its premises in Haslingden, Lancashire: "Unfortunately on December 21 unknown …
a bid to prevent any such burgularies in future
Well, if they work out a foolproof system to prevent crime they may as well get out of he damn computer business becase that will be a major earner...
Management of breach - data protection
Given data contained on drives included archived data, what steps if any has the company taken to notify those individuals or groups whose data has been compromised? Many will be ex-employees.
- VPNs are so insecure you might as well wear a KICK ME sign
- Windows 7 and 8.1 market share surge, XP falls behind OS X
- NHS IT failures mount as GP data system declared unfit for purpose
- Looking forward to getting Windows 10 the day it ships? Yeah, about that...
- Microsoft in Blighty reveals its 78 THOUSAND POUND Surface 3 slabloid