Ingram Micro chief exec Greg Spierkel is today standing down after nearly six years in charge. The world's largest IT distie confirmed the move late last night, lining up COO Alain Monie to fill the hot seat with immediate effect. Spierkel, who will remain at the company until April to "assist in the management transition", …
""favourable margins" that resulted from rising disk drive prices caused by the crisis in Thailand."
I was wondering how much of the recent hdd price hike is the floods in Thailand and how much is the middlemen taking advantage of it with fatter margins. I guess I just had my answer then.
They are the same thing... All the disk drives in the warehouse were purchased at pre flood cost. Due to the fact that there would be nearly no new drives for a few months, the prices rose. They aren't buying drives at higher costs, there are no drives to buy.
- Analysis Free Windows 10 could mean DOOM for Microsoft, and the PC biz
- Pull up the Windows 10 duvet and pretend Win8 and Vista were BAD DREAMS
- Microsoft will give away Windows 10 FREE - for ONE year
- Analysis FIVE Things (NOT 10: these are REAL) from the WINDOWS 10 event
- Is Windows RT not invited to Windows 10 upgrade party?