Ingram Micro chief exec Greg Spierkel is today standing down after nearly six years in charge. The world's largest IT distie confirmed the move late last night, lining up COO Alain Monie to fill the hot seat with immediate effect. Spierkel, who will remain at the company until April to "assist in the management transition", …
""favourable margins" that resulted from rising disk drive prices caused by the crisis in Thailand."
I was wondering how much of the recent hdd price hike is the floods in Thailand and how much is the middlemen taking advantage of it with fatter margins. I guess I just had my answer then.
They are the same thing... All the disk drives in the warehouse were purchased at pre flood cost. Due to the fact that there would be nearly no new drives for a few months, the prices rose. They aren't buying drives at higher costs, there are no drives to buy.
- HUGE iPAD? Maybe. HUGE ADVERTS? That's for SURE
- Tim Cook: I'm NOT worried about CRAP iPad sales. It's just a 'speedbump'
- Too slow with that iPhone refresh, Apple: Android is GOBBLING up US mobile market
- HP busts out new ProLiant Gen9 servers
- Loss of unencrypted back-up disk costs UK prisons ministry £180K