back to article Microsoft fingers alleged Kelihos botnet kingpin

Microsoft has filed a lawsuit against a Russian national who allegedly created and operated the Kelihos botnet, prior to a takedown operation in September 2011. Fresh evidence has allowed Microsoft to name Andrey N Sabelnikov as a defendant in its suit. The move follows a settlement in action brought by Microsoft against …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Arctic fox
    Trollface

"Suspected coder once worked for Russian antivirus biz"

Gamekeeper turned poacher?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Hang the scum

by his testicles for a few months - in Siberia - outside in the Winter.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Alert

What happens with the peers?

There is one thing which has puzzled me ever since we read stories about certain companies put the heat on botnets... What happens with the peers ?

I mean; I really admire and totally respect the effort companies put in all this. Botnets are a menace for all of us. But so far most of the stories I read all tell how they're taking out the leaders or 'controllers'.

SO far so good, but if you leave all those affected peers for what they are, how likely is it that someone else will easily pick up where the previous owner(s) left off ? And then what ?

1. Captain Scarlet

I believe

Previously the isps of infected machines have been given to their isps to notify their clients, can't find the reg article on it though. That may happen

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Ho hum

So Microsoft's software isn't that secure - who knew?!

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Ho hum

So anonymous nancyboys would rather sneer about the vulnerabilities in the world's largest platform than try to keep up by competing.

How predictable.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Ho Dumb

Everyone knows Microsucks O/S products have a minimum of 5,000 defects of which 10,000 or more are security holes or bad code that will cause BSOD. Bill planned it that way.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Ho Dumb

Confession in a title, huh? Numbers are so difficult to work with, aren't they?

1. Chris 228

^^^ Apparently for you

The canceled Dumb and Dumber show is back

2. Beau

Re Re: Ho Dumb

Well he/she may be dumb, but is still basically right.

M$ do leave a lot of holes in there OS by design, it is called, "built in obsolescence."

Otherwise who in hell would fork out for Win7 or Win8 that offer little that is new for the average office workstation, when XP. is quit sufficient for the job. Just stop the updates, and M$ has more money in the bank.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like