back to article HP readies next-gen servers for launch

Server juggernaut Hewlett-Packard is hosting a shindig in Las Vegas next week with the bigwigs in its server unit, and the speculation is that the company will preview its forthcoming ProLiant G8 servers sporting Intel's "Sandy Bridge-EP" Xeon E5 processors. The invite to the event, which is being hosted at The Cosmopolitan on …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Glenn Amspaugh
    Coat

HP still makes stuff?

I thought they were getting out of the manufacturing business and moving towards a Value Added Service model?

/Mine's the coat that hasn't been made yet.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Thumb Up

HP still makes stuff? → #

Yes, they are basically a Microsoft and Intel (formerly Oracle) distribution company. The new strategy presentation is going to be a five minute HP introduction followed by an hour Intel presentation.

2. Dazed and Confused

@making stuff

Nah, that was under the old CEO, or was that the one before, or the one before that?

Difficult to keep track, CEOs come and they go, yesterdays decisions fade with their memory.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

It's at Agilent

They sold the engineering and "making stuff" parts of HP to Agilent. They did retain the marketing group which is the current HP.

2. This post has been deleted by its author

3. This post has been deleted by its author

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Good searching, reg

When I searched for:

HP Proliant PNN 26 (666161-B21)

All I got was:

Sorry, there are no documents available for this product

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

They're not G8 servers. You get shot by HP if you call them that because apparently G8 sounds like "penis" in some Chinese dialect, hence Gen8. Throbbing, pulsating, virile Gen8

6. Ammaross Danan
    Holmes

p420i

The question is, does the p420i controller support SATA3?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like