back to article Channel body count hits dotcom implosion high

The channel body count in 2011 reached a high not seen since the dotcom bubble burst, stats from credit reference agency Graydon UK reveal. In Q4 88 firms collapsed, up nearly 30 per cent year-on-year, which took the tally for the whole of 2011 to 356, up by almost one third on reseller fatalities in the previous twelve months …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Silverburn
    Devil

Cashflow?

Let's see...perchance the clients now pay at 90 days rather than 30 because "we f*ing want to, so be grateful of the business you feeble underling", and the banks won't fund the shortfall?

Bunch of gits, the lot of them.

2. The Godfather
    Black Helicopters

Hurdles ahead

There are a number of potential volatile issues that can easily trigger some severe problems for businesses in 2012. There may be a little respite for the UK given the Olympics and the Diamond Jubilee celebrations but the Euro-zone is still not free of issues, we have potentially serious political hot-spots such as Iran and Syria and a banking situation in which lending is sparse and likely to be sparser. Access to funding will be one of the most serious issues for business, whether profitable or not.

The channel is littered with very big highly geared players carrying significant debt. The ability to meet repayments in the face of rising costs and reduced consumer demand could prove troublesome. 2012 will be a year of change, re-evaluation and planning for those in IT.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Headmaster

"fell sequentially in Q4"

Does that make sense?

4. Anonymous Coward
    WTF?

Wtf is "The Channel"?

Is this some underground monitoring organisation or have a load of swimmers drowned in the english channel because of the cold water?

1. Silverburn
      Boffin

If you have to ask, you're on the wrong part of the site.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

You don't know then?

Go on. Tell us.

2. Jay_x386
      Trollface

boltar boltar bol....tar

yes you laddie, look up,

up ..

yes at the blue thing at the top of the page....<shakes head>

what the hell... probably a troll

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I'm full, can I leave the table please?

I have completely lost track of the number of times I've read/heard some pundit saying "the worst is over" in the last 3 years.

There's more to come, much more.

Certainly from my first hand experience more companies are declining to renew UK contractors in favour of outsourcing.

Outsourcing, because if a country has liquidity problems then obviously the solution is to send our (in some case charitable) funds over to E.Europe and Asia, avoiding import tax AND cutting costs on UK IT contractors who rarely earn above half the wage of a plumber.

This topic is closed for new posts.