back to article HP iSCSI slogger usurped by younger flashy model

HP has announced an all-flash version of its LeftHand Networks P4000 iSCSI storage array, the P4900 Flash P4000s are supported already in the form of P4000 Virtual Storage Appliances (VSA) which uses DAS on linked servers and turns it into an iSCSI-accessed storage area network (SAN). If the DAS is flash then the VSA is flash- …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. K
    WTF?

That price tag made me wet myself

How can they justify that cost for so little storage?? Admittedly I'm no storage expert, but surely there's a decimal missing off that?

2. Daf L

6.4 TB but how much usable?

So if you want to use 10+2 that makes about 2.6TB of usable space for $200K.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

DAS

We have a 7.5TB TB HDD-based HP DAS of 25 disks in RAID 1 and they are super fast under windows (even though HP's disks are crap), at a tiny fraction of that price.

Highly recommended. (part numbers AW525A, 487204-B21, HA113A1 564).

4. Mikel

You're not buying it for the terabytes

You're buying it for the IOPS, and the fact that if you stretch 50 miles of fiber and put one of these on either end, your data's almost impossible to kill and moves like the wind. You're not using it because it costs $100K per usable Terabyte.

You want to impress me with gigabytes per buck? Beat a BackBlaze box. Horses for courses.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like