NetApp support outfit Zerowait says its customers should not bother to buy new NetApp filers, when it can accelerate the old ones with its caching appliance. The firm's NASAGNA – NAS Acceleration and Global Namespace Appliance (our acronym) – is a tasty dish that sticks a box containing a mix of DRAM, solid state drives and SAS …
So, I can buy one of these, stick it in front of a NetApp V-Series, which I then stick in front of an EMC V-Plex, which I stick in front of a VMAX, which I stick in front of all my other arrays, and I never need to upgrade again!
- Apple CEO Tim Cook: My well-known gayness is 'a gift from GOD'
- Microsoft fitness bands slapped on wrists: All YOUR HEALTH DATA are BELONG TO US
- Lawyers mobilise angry mob against Apple over alleged 2011 Macbook Pro crapness
- NHS quango fatcats spend £2m tax dosh on iPads and iPhones
- HPC Blog IBM, backing away from hardware? NEVER!