NetApp support outfit Zerowait says its customers should not bother to buy new NetApp filers, when it can accelerate the old ones with its caching appliance. The firm's NASAGNA – NAS Acceleration and Global Namespace Appliance (our acronym) – is a tasty dish that sticks a box containing a mix of DRAM, solid state drives and SAS …
So, I can buy one of these, stick it in front of a NetApp V-Series, which I then stick in front of an EMC V-Plex, which I stick in front of a VMAX, which I stick in front of all my other arrays, and I never need to upgrade again!
- Analysis Dell computers bundled with backdoor that blurts hardware fingerprint to websites
- Autumn Statement Thin-lipped chancellor tight-lipped on contractor-nudge-onto-payroll plan
- Telecity fails with car park net rescue plan. In fact, things got worse. Again
- Spending Review: GDS gets £450m, Cabinet Office budget slashed
- Fingers crossed tomorrow morning for Telecity's third repair shot