NetApp support outfit Zerowait says its customers should not bother to buy new NetApp filers, when it can accelerate the old ones with its caching appliance. The firm's NASAGNA – NAS Acceleration and Global Namespace Appliance (our acronym) – is a tasty dish that sticks a box containing a mix of DRAM, solid state drives and SAS …
So, I can buy one of these, stick it in front of a NetApp V-Series, which I then stick in front of an EMC V-Plex, which I stick in front of a VMAX, which I stick in front of all my other arrays, and I never need to upgrade again!
- PC makers REALLY need Windows 8.1 to walk on water - but guess what?
- Pic AXE-WAVING BIKER GANG SMASHES into swanky Apple UK store
- Microsoft lures buy-curious vixens, corduroys with a cheap fondle
- BT boss QUITS telecoms giant for front-bench gov job
- CLOUD TO SUCK UP ALL YOUR CASH: Govts around world slash IT spending