IT and comms suppliers are unable to tweak their entries in the government's Cloud Store because the only mechanism to do this is not working properly. The first tranche of Blighty's public sector cloud framework was released to market on Sunday, an online catalogue including 1,700 services - though not all are yet available - …
I'm on my way to a meeting to explain why...
...fast, cheap and right first time is not possible.
I think we're seeing this 4-step 'agile' approach in a few GDS projects:
Step 1: Develop
Step 2: Go live
Step 3: Test
Step 4: Determine the requirements
The Reg seems to be working well as the unofficial feedback form, so here's a requirement in anticipation of Step 4 : can we please have a decent faceted search?
Eg for finding things like -
Service: Human Resource System; Users: c. 150 staff;
Service: Web hosting and content management; Users: 5; Function: Press room; Traffic; low-medium.
Ta much, GDS luvvies
Do try to use English where possible
"Fesses up"! We don't live in the southern United States, you know!
- NOKIA - Not FINNished yet! BEHOLD the somewhat DULL MYSTERY DEVICE!
- That dreaded syncing feeling: Will Microsoft EVER fix OneDrive?
- Windows Phone will snatch biz No 2 spot from Android – analyst
- Microsoft's Azure goes TITSUP PLANET-WIDE AGAIN in cloud FAIL
- Giant bank IT cockup of 2012 'could have brought down ENTIRE financial system'