back to article Resellers could lose out in £4bn gov framework – vendors

The ultra-aggressive pricing suppliers will need to bid so that they can win a place on the forthcoming public sector hardware and solutions mega framework may make it harder for resellers to get involved, vendors have warned. Government Procurement Services invited bids from suppliers last month to win a place on the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Colin Millar
    FAIL

Legalised cartel

Once again government shows its complete ignorance of how markets work.

Do they really think that the way to keep prices down is to guarantee all the business to a big 5?

1. LarsG

Re: Legalised cartel

The election promise was that small and medium size businesses would have an opportunity to tender for Government contracts.

The reality is that they are all given to large facilities management companies to do with as they wish.

Example:

The private company that lost the 'taking prisoners to court' contract immediately gained the contract to run the facilities in all the court buildings. This removed all the locally held contracts with local businesses.

You rub my back and I'll rub yours.

2. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
    Pint

This trainwreck is just leaving the station.

With 4 billion of taxpayer-extracted money "on the table", you can get a lot of supplier-supported FAIL and burning wreckage. I hope the landfills are large enough.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

oh dear

I've seen this with the US govt. A NetApp SAN (NetApp are the only one on the approved list) was quoted at $1.2M. We negotiated a discount to get the same hardware for $300k. They went direct :|

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like