back to article South Australian Department formalises Apple procurement

Apples seem to be invading the South Australian Department of Further Education, Employment, Science and Technology’s (DFEEST) colleges of Technical and Further Education (TAFE). Exhibit A for the invasion is a tender which says “As there is currently no across Government arrangement for the supply of Apple Computers, DFEEST …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Must have a lot of money or will they be putting taxes up?

1. GrandpaChris
      Happy

Support

Apple products have a proven record of - No Need For Support - when install base is educated. A PC person needs a huge IT department whereas an Apple IT dept is a 10th the size. Savings in support more than makes up for the additional cost of well designed and user friendly interface Apple products. KISS. Keep It Simple Siri!

Australians are well educated people and will save big dollars in future support costs..

Cheers http://www.theregister.co.uk/Design/graphics/icons/comment/happy_32.png

1. Tim Bates

Re: Support

> Apple products have a proven record of - No Need For Support - when install base is educated

Proven by who?

> A PC person needs a huge IT department whereas an Apple IT dept is a 10th the size.

Increase the Mac deployment, and I assure you IT departments will start employing complete morons to support Macs too, and support departments will become stretched. It's not the fault of Windows (or any other OS) that IT departments employ useless people.

> Savings in support more than makes up for the additional cost of well designed and user friendly interface Apple products.

User friendly my arse - I keep hearing that, but the stream of users I see wanting to do simple things on iPhones, iPads and iMacs astounds me. And when I'm asked to do something even slightly technical, I spend hours tearing my hair out (not because I'm a clueless Windows user - I use various Linuxes too, and have played with QNX and other exotic OSes - all easier!)

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like