Avnet Technology Solutions has swallowed IBM middleware reseller and consultancy Ascendant Technology (Atech) for an undisclosed sum. Atech – which has offices in North America, Europe, Brazil and India – has several IBM Lotus awards but also makes software tools including apps for e-commerce, enterprise portal and collaboration …
One will see more of this type of acquisition as Distribution seeks to meet the challenge of skills required to meet the demands of the next decade and beyond. While for some 'die-hards' this may look a move away from trade only distribution, it's not 'the Full Monty' yet, so to speak. No Channel route remains constant in any event and change is guaranteed.
- If you wanted Windows 10, it looks like you've already installed it
- US tries one last time to sway EU court on data-slurping deal
- Safe Harbour ruled INVALID: Facebook 'n' pals' data slurp at risk
- Microsoft's big Tuesday reveal: New mobiles and slabs? Win 10 shock?
- By the numbers: The virtualisation options for private cloud hopefuls