Avnet Technology Solutions has swallowed IBM middleware reseller and consultancy Ascendant Technology (Atech) for an undisclosed sum. Atech – which has offices in North America, Europe, Brazil and India – has several IBM Lotus awards but also makes software tools including apps for e-commerce, enterprise portal and collaboration …
One will see more of this type of acquisition as Distribution seeks to meet the challenge of skills required to meet the demands of the next decade and beyond. While for some 'die-hards' this may look a move away from trade only distribution, it's not 'the Full Monty' yet, so to speak. No Channel route remains constant in any event and change is guaranteed.
- Internet Explorer 11 at it again, breaks Microsoft's own CRM software
- Microsoft tarts up software licensing to fend off 'a few clicks and a credit card' rivals
- Microsoft 'cautiously optimistic' about Christmas sales
- Oi, Obama. Rein your spooks in, demands web giants' alliance
- Unite: HP 'addicted to culture of job cuts' as axe raised again