Avnet Technology Solutions has swallowed IBM middleware reseller and consultancy Ascendant Technology (Atech) for an undisclosed sum. Atech – which has offices in North America, Europe, Brazil and India – has several IBM Lotus awards but also makes software tools including apps for e-commerce, enterprise portal and collaboration …
One will see more of this type of acquisition as Distribution seeks to meet the challenge of skills required to meet the demands of the next decade and beyond. While for some 'die-hards' this may look a move away from trade only distribution, it's not 'the Full Monty' yet, so to speak. No Channel route remains constant in any event and change is guaranteed.
- Apple to flush '£37bn' down the bog if it doesn't flog cheapo slabtops
- Heartbleed vuln under ACTIVE ATTACK as hackers map soft spots
- Apple has THREE TIMES as much cash as US govt, TWICE the UK
- Updated BlackBerry not afraid to throw its mobe biz under a bus, says CEO Chen
- Not just websites hit by OpenSSL's Heartbleed – PCs, phones and more under threat