Avnet Technology Solutions has swallowed IBM middleware reseller and consultancy Ascendant Technology (Atech) for an undisclosed sum. Atech – which has offices in North America, Europe, Brazil and India – has several IBM Lotus awards but also makes software tools including apps for e-commerce, enterprise portal and collaboration …
One will see more of this type of acquisition as Distribution seeks to meet the challenge of skills required to meet the demands of the next decade and beyond. While for some 'die-hards' this may look a move away from trade only distribution, it's not 'the Full Monty' yet, so to speak. No Channel route remains constant in any event and change is guaranteed.
- Microsoft: Profit DECIMATED because you people aren't buying PCs
- Microsoft to offer special Surface 3 for schools
- What's broken in this week's Windows 10 build? Try the Start Menu, for one
- Election 2015 Surveillance, broadband, zero hours: Tech policy in a UK hung Parliament
- Disk drive shipment numbers set to spin down