back to article HP and Epic 'preferred bidders' for UK eHospital plan

Cambridge University Hospitals and Papworth Hospital NHS foundation trusts have named HP and Epic as preferred bidders for the implemenation of a common technology platform, including the deployment of an electronic patient record system (EPR). The programme, known as eHospital, will see the two trusts move from their …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. g e
    WTF?

So, EDS, effectively

Why do govt projects ever go back to EDS (now borg'd by HP)?

Is everyone else THAT much shitter than even they are?

1. This post has been deleted by its author

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: So, EDS, effectively

Epic, unless something has changed recently, demands Unix systems. I hope the NHS isn't so foolish as to put this whole implementation on Itanic.

2. Blunderbuss
    Unhappy

It doesn't matter who supplies the services/kit

What matters are implemeting fit and proper contracts with real teeth if/when the suppliers don't come through with the goods on time.

It seems that the large suppliers tender for these contracts knowing they'll never be able to supply the goods at the price and rely on wriggling out of the initial contracts before then extracting huge amounts of additional cash from the NHS to finish the job that they should have finished at the original price. Meanwhile the original contracts are so flimsy the is no comeback from the taxpayer other than to bend over and take it.

I really hope this one is different but the track record for these large Govt/NHS contracts is not the best.

3. This post has been deleted by its author

4. Jon B
    Meh

Cambridge != UK

Reading the headline, I would have thought it was for every hospital in the UK, rather than just two..

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like