Avaya UK has poached Huawei Enterprise veep Simon Culmer to replace managing director Andrew Shepperd less than 10 months into his tenure, The Register can reveal. Culmer, who also had a nine-month spell as UK veep at the enterprise wing of Huawei starting last summer, built a UK management team including the recruitment of …
</ Vic Reeves>
"In an Eastern company there is a lot of responsibility and accountability but I didn't have as much authority, and needed to work through a set of filters which meant things don't get done as quickly,"
Translation: When I said "jump", people didn't say "how high".
He is wrong
Huawei is running with military rules, I am not saying it as a part of non ethical red scare campaign by sock puppets of their rivals.
Zte is the one with government style. I really don't care as a customer.
Having worked for Far Eastern companies I suspect it's more a case of lack of local authority to change anything without consulting a vast range of managers back at HQ.
"High Touch Sales?"
Does anybody understand the language these people speak?
I suppose other sales/marketing people must
- 'Regin': The 'New Stuxnet' spook-grade SOFTWARE WEAPON described
- Regin: The super-spyware the security industry has been silent about
- US taxmen won't say WHY they're probing Microsoft. So Redmond is suing the IRS
- Samsung to boot out Shin after Galaxy S5 tanks – report
- BT in talks to RE-SLURP O2 after spitting it out a decade ago