IBM is warning that mid-market customers are now spending as much with managed service providers as they are with the classic value-added reseller that deploys tech onsite. This is according to Andy Monshaw, Big Blue's global GM for small and medium enterprise, who warns that the clock is ticking for any solution provider that …
What the fuck is the difference?
MSP, VAR, six of one, half a dozen of the other.
I'm glad I didn't go into marketing. I wouldn't be able to sleep with myself.
Re: What the fuck is the difference?
Well, a VAR just gets to shaft you quickly, the MSP usually gets to do it for a year at a time.
isn't IBM a managed service provider?
(don't worry, I know the answer as I do work for them as a techie)
- Exclusive HP slaps dress code on R&D geeks: Bin that T-shirt, put on this tie
- Analysis Ballmer's billion-dollar blunders: When he gambled Microsoft's money and lost
- Microsoft has RECORD quarter, in a BAD way - Sad Nad slashes phone biz
- BREAKING NEWS: Apple makes money
- Exclusive + analysis How to waste two years and lose $415m: Cisco's now-dead Whiptail deal