IBM is warning that mid-market customers are now spending as much with managed service providers as they are with the classic value-added reseller that deploys tech onsite. This is according to Andy Monshaw, Big Blue's global GM for small and medium enterprise, who warns that the clock is ticking for any solution provider that …
What the fuck is the difference?
MSP, VAR, six of one, half a dozen of the other.
I'm glad I didn't go into marketing. I wouldn't be able to sleep with myself.
Re: What the fuck is the difference?
Well, a VAR just gets to shaft you quickly, the MSP usually gets to do it for a year at a time.
isn't IBM a managed service provider?
(don't worry, I know the answer as I do work for them as a techie)
- HPE spins out enterprise services business into CSC
- Former Sun CEO Scott McNealy has data on 1/14th of humanity
- Don't tell the Cabinet Office: HMRC is building its own online ID system
- Geniuses at HMRC sack too many staff! Nope, can't do it online. FAIL
- Insure against a cyberwhat now? How the heck do we crunch those numbers?