Ingram Micro is locked in talks with Sir Peter Rigby over the acquisition of his Midlands-based outfit Specialist Distribution Group (SDG), sources have told The Channel. People familiar with the negotiations say a deal is edging closer which would bulk out Ingram's mid-market infrastructure operation. SDG is an EMEA-wide …
If this is indeed correct one can see the benefit to both seller and buyer. The Distribution business SDG looks a small part of overall SCH businesses and while profitable (certainly in 2011), it is perhaps peripheral and a good time to off-load. Ingram, not unlike the other major Distributors needs to buy to bolster faltering revenue and add a little to overall margin. The markets served and volume are of no real relevance.
- Pic What's Meg Whitman fussing over: The fate of HP ... or the font on a DISRUPTIVE new logo?
- Election 2015 Conservative manifesto: 5G, 'near universal' broadband and free mobes for PC Dixon
- EU says dominant Google ILLEGALLY FIDDLES search results
- Microsoft points at Skype, Lync: You two, in my office – right now
- Election 2015 Labour manifesto: Tech Bacc, not-spot zapping and hi-speed interwebs