Ingram Micro is locked in talks with Sir Peter Rigby over the acquisition of his Midlands-based outfit Specialist Distribution Group (SDG), sources have told The Channel. People familiar with the negotiations say a deal is edging closer which would bulk out Ingram's mid-market infrastructure operation. SDG is an EMEA-wide …
If this is indeed correct one can see the benefit to both seller and buyer. The Distribution business SDG looks a small part of overall SCH businesses and while profitable (certainly in 2011), it is perhaps peripheral and a good time to off-load. Ingram, not unlike the other major Distributors needs to buy to bolster faltering revenue and add a little to overall margin. The markets served and volume are of no real relevance.
- Microsoft won't back down from Windows 10 nagware 'trick'
- Hands-on Surface Book nightmare: Microsoft won't fix 'Sleep of Death' bug
- Bank in the UK? Plans afoot to make YOU liable for bank fraud
- Dropbox gets all up in your kernel with Project Infinite. Cue uproar
- Samsung: Don't install Windows 10. REALLY