Ingram Micro is locked in talks with Sir Peter Rigby over the acquisition of his Midlands-based outfit Specialist Distribution Group (SDG), sources have told The Channel. People familiar with the negotiations say a deal is edging closer which would bulk out Ingram's mid-market infrastructure operation. SDG is an EMEA-wide …
If this is indeed correct one can see the benefit to both seller and buyer. The Distribution business SDG looks a small part of overall SCH businesses and while profitable (certainly in 2011), it is perhaps peripheral and a good time to off-load. Ingram, not unlike the other major Distributors needs to buy to bolster faltering revenue and add a little to overall margin. The markets served and volume are of no real relevance.
- Updated Microsoft keeps schtum as more battery woes hit Surface sufferers
- Openreach split could damage broadband investment, says BT's chief exec
- Comment NSA, GCHQ and even Donald Trump are all after your data
- Virgin Media boss warns Brexit could hamstring broadband investment
- Digi minister Matt Hancock: Britain needs go full fibre. And we're not paying for it