Ingram Micro is locked in talks with Sir Peter Rigby over the acquisition of his Midlands-based outfit Specialist Distribution Group (SDG), sources have told The Channel. People familiar with the negotiations say a deal is edging closer which would bulk out Ingram's mid-market infrastructure operation. SDG is an EMEA-wide …
If this is indeed correct one can see the benefit to both seller and buyer. The Distribution business SDG looks a small part of overall SCH businesses and while profitable (certainly in 2011), it is perhaps peripheral and a good time to off-load. Ingram, not unlike the other major Distributors needs to buy to bolster faltering revenue and add a little to overall margin. The markets served and volume are of no real relevance.
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Brits' BORKED Samsung kit held up after repair centre slips into administration
- US regulators OK sale of IBM's x86 server biz to Lenovo
- Rimini Street promises 'business as usual' after Oracle IP judgment
- Object storage bods Exablox: RAID is dead, baby. RAID is dead