Ingram Micro is locked in talks with Sir Peter Rigby over the acquisition of his Midlands-based outfit Specialist Distribution Group (SDG), sources have told The Channel. People familiar with the negotiations say a deal is edging closer which would bulk out Ingram's mid-market infrastructure operation. SDG is an EMEA-wide …
If this is indeed correct one can see the benefit to both seller and buyer. The Distribution business SDG looks a small part of overall SCH businesses and while profitable (certainly in 2011), it is perhaps peripheral and a good time to off-load. Ingram, not unlike the other major Distributors needs to buy to bolster faltering revenue and add a little to overall margin. The markets served and volume are of no real relevance.
- Making us pay tax will DESTROY EUROPE, roars Apple's Tim Cook
- Updated EU verdict: Apple received €13bn in illegal tax benefits from Ireland
- Ireland taxman: Apple got NO favours from us, at all, at all
- Intel's makeshift Kaby Lake Cores hope to lure punters from tired PCs
- Microsoft releases firmware fix for faulty Surface Pro 3 batteries