Ingram Micro is locked in talks with Sir Peter Rigby over the acquisition of his Midlands-based outfit Specialist Distribution Group (SDG), sources have told The Channel. People familiar with the negotiations say a deal is edging closer which would bulk out Ingram's mid-market infrastructure operation. SDG is an EMEA-wide …
If this is indeed correct one can see the benefit to both seller and buyer. The Distribution business SDG looks a small part of overall SCH businesses and while profitable (certainly in 2011), it is perhaps peripheral and a good time to off-load. Ingram, not unlike the other major Distributors needs to buy to bolster faltering revenue and add a little to overall margin. The markets served and volume are of no real relevance.
- Silicon Valley fights European Court of Justice ruling with small print
- Analysis Team Microsoft: Device Police... 'Are you pumped? I'm pumped'
- Online VAT fraud: Calls for government crackdown grow louder
- 'Safe Harbor': People in Europe 'can get quite litigious about this'
- Canalys Channels Forum HP boss hopes MS Surface Book will jack up notebook prices