Ingram Micro is locked in talks with Sir Peter Rigby over the acquisition of his Midlands-based outfit Specialist Distribution Group (SDG), sources have told The Channel. People familiar with the negotiations say a deal is edging closer which would bulk out Ingram's mid-market infrastructure operation. SDG is an EMEA-wide …
If this is indeed correct one can see the benefit to both seller and buyer. The Distribution business SDG looks a small part of overall SCH businesses and while profitable (certainly in 2011), it is perhaps peripheral and a good time to off-load. Ingram, not unlike the other major Distributors needs to buy to bolster faltering revenue and add a little to overall margin. The markets served and volume are of no real relevance.
- Windows Phone will snatch biz No 2 spot from Android – analyst
- You think the CLOUD's insecure? It's BETTER than UK.GOV's DATA CENTRES
- Exclusive Oracle to axe over 450 jobs in Euro support centres – sources
- We're not, er, 'cut-throat' capitalists – VC formerly known as ISIS
- Huawei: KRYDER STORAGE CRISIS is REAL and 'we’re working on it'