Ingram Micro is locked in talks with Sir Peter Rigby over the acquisition of his Midlands-based outfit Specialist Distribution Group (SDG), sources have told The Channel. People familiar with the negotiations say a deal is edging closer which would bulk out Ingram's mid-market infrastructure operation. SDG is an EMEA-wide …
If this is indeed correct one can see the benefit to both seller and buyer. The Distribution business SDG looks a small part of overall SCH businesses and while profitable (certainly in 2011), it is perhaps peripheral and a good time to off-load. Ingram, not unlike the other major Distributors needs to buy to bolster faltering revenue and add a little to overall margin. The markets served and volume are of no real relevance.
- Windows XP market share GROWS AGAIN, outstrips Win 8.1 surge
- Dell charges £16 TO INSTALL FIREFOX on PCs – Mozilla is miffed
- Women! You too can be 'cool' and 'fun' if you work in tech!
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Vid Steve Ballmer: Thanks to me, Microsoft screwed up a decade in phones