Ingram Micro is locked in talks with Sir Peter Rigby over the acquisition of his Midlands-based outfit Specialist Distribution Group (SDG), sources have told The Channel. People familiar with the negotiations say a deal is edging closer which would bulk out Ingram's mid-market infrastructure operation. SDG is an EMEA-wide …
If this is indeed correct one can see the benefit to both seller and buyer. The Distribution business SDG looks a small part of overall SCH businesses and while profitable (certainly in 2011), it is perhaps peripheral and a good time to off-load. Ingram, not unlike the other major Distributors needs to buy to bolster faltering revenue and add a little to overall margin. The markets served and volume are of no real relevance.
- Windows 10 will now automatically download and install on PCs
- Updated BT broadband is down: Former state monopoly goes TITSUP UK-wide
- BT blames 'faulty router' for mega outage. Did they try turning it off and on again?
- Safe Harbor ripped and replaced with Privacy Shield in last-minute US-Europe deal
- Microsoft buys SwiftKey, Britain's 'stealthiest software startup'