Ingram Micro is locked in talks with Sir Peter Rigby over the acquisition of his Midlands-based outfit Specialist Distribution Group (SDG), sources have told The Channel. People familiar with the negotiations say a deal is edging closer which would bulk out Ingram's mid-market infrastructure operation. SDG is an EMEA-wide …
If this is indeed correct one can see the benefit to both seller and buyer. The Distribution business SDG looks a small part of overall SCH businesses and while profitable (certainly in 2011), it is perhaps peripheral and a good time to off-load. Ingram, not unlike the other major Distributors needs to buy to bolster faltering revenue and add a little to overall margin. The markets served and volume are of no real relevance.
- What's Brexit? How Tech UK tore up its plans after June 23
- Exclusive Ditch your Macs, Dell tells EMC staff
- What's losing steam at Apple? Pretty much everything
- Vid Microsoft axes 2,850 more Windows Phone, sales staff – a week after Justin Timberlake sang on stage for them
- Kaspersky so very sorry after suggesting its antivirus will get you laid