Ingram Micro is locked in talks with Sir Peter Rigby over the acquisition of his Midlands-based outfit Specialist Distribution Group (SDG), sources have told The Channel. People familiar with the negotiations say a deal is edging closer which would bulk out Ingram's mid-market infrastructure operation. SDG is an EMEA-wide …
If this is indeed correct one can see the benefit to both seller and buyer. The Distribution business SDG looks a small part of overall SCH businesses and while profitable (certainly in 2011), it is perhaps peripheral and a good time to off-load. Ingram, not unlike the other major Distributors needs to buy to bolster faltering revenue and add a little to overall margin. The markets served and volume are of no real relevance.
- Analysis Windows 10 is due in one month: Will it be ready?
- VPNs are so insecure you might as well wear a KICK ME sign
- Windows 7 and 8.1 market share surge, XP falls behind OS X
- NHS IT failures mount as GP data system declared unfit for purpose
- Looking forward to getting Windows 10 the day it ships? Yeah, about that...