Ingram Micro is locked in talks with Sir Peter Rigby over the acquisition of his Midlands-based outfit Specialist Distribution Group (SDG), sources have told The Channel. People familiar with the negotiations say a deal is edging closer which would bulk out Ingram's mid-market infrastructure operation. SDG is an EMEA-wide …
If this is indeed correct one can see the benefit to both seller and buyer. The Distribution business SDG looks a small part of overall SCH businesses and while profitable (certainly in 2011), it is perhaps peripheral and a good time to off-load. Ingram, not unlike the other major Distributors needs to buy to bolster faltering revenue and add a little to overall margin. The markets served and volume are of no real relevance.
- UK government officially adopts Open Document Format
- Analysis UK.gov's Open Source switch WON'T get rid of Microsoft, y'know
- Report: American tech firms charge Britons a thumping nationality tax
- iPad? More like iFAD: We reveal why Apple fell into IBM's arms
- Microsoft's MCSE and MCSD will become HARDER to win