Ingram Micro is locked in talks with Sir Peter Rigby over the acquisition of his Midlands-based outfit Specialist Distribution Group (SDG), sources have told The Channel. People familiar with the negotiations say a deal is edging closer which would bulk out Ingram's mid-market infrastructure operation. SDG is an EMEA-wide …
If this is indeed correct one can see the benefit to both seller and buyer. The Distribution business SDG looks a small part of overall SCH businesses and while profitable (certainly in 2011), it is perhaps peripheral and a good time to off-load. Ingram, not unlike the other major Distributors needs to buy to bolster faltering revenue and add a little to overall margin. The markets served and volume are of no real relevance.
- 'Regin': The 'New Stuxnet' spook-grade SOFTWARE WEAPON described
- Regin: The super-spyware the security industry has been silent about
- US taxmen won't say WHY they're probing Microsoft. So Redmond is suing the IRS
- Samsung to boot out Shin after Galaxy S5 tanks – report
- BT in talks to RE-SLURP O2 after spitting it out a decade ago