Ingram Micro is locked in talks with Sir Peter Rigby over the acquisition of his Midlands-based outfit Specialist Distribution Group (SDG), sources have told The Channel. People familiar with the negotiations say a deal is edging closer which would bulk out Ingram's mid-market infrastructure operation. SDG is an EMEA-wide …
If this is indeed correct one can see the benefit to both seller and buyer. The Distribution business SDG looks a small part of overall SCH businesses and while profitable (certainly in 2011), it is perhaps peripheral and a good time to off-load. Ingram, not unlike the other major Distributors needs to buy to bolster faltering revenue and add a little to overall margin. The markets served and volume are of no real relevance.
- Analysis Free Windows 10 could mean the END for Microsoft and the PC biz
- Pull up the Windows 10 duvet and pretend Win8 and Vista were BAD DREAMS
- Microsoft will give away Windows 10 FREE - for ONE year
- Analysis FIVE Things (NOT 10: these are REAL) from the WINDOWS 10 event
- Is Windows RT not invited to the Windows 10 upgrade party?