Ingram Micro is locked in talks with Sir Peter Rigby over the acquisition of his Midlands-based outfit Specialist Distribution Group (SDG), sources have told The Channel. People familiar with the negotiations say a deal is edging closer which would bulk out Ingram's mid-market infrastructure operation. SDG is an EMEA-wide …
If this is indeed correct one can see the benefit to both seller and buyer. The Distribution business SDG looks a small part of overall SCH businesses and while profitable (certainly in 2011), it is perhaps peripheral and a good time to off-load. Ingram, not unlike the other major Distributors needs to buy to bolster faltering revenue and add a little to overall margin. The markets served and volume are of no real relevance.
- Research: Microsoft the fastest growing maker of tablet OSs ... by 2019
- Exclusive Oracle confesses to quietly axing its UK software support centre
- HPE to open private London drinking club
- Microsoft rides to Dell's rescue, wrecks rogue root certificate
- Analysis Dell computers bundled with backdoor that blurts hardware fingerprint to websites