Ingram Micro is locked in talks with Sir Peter Rigby over the acquisition of his Midlands-based outfit Specialist Distribution Group (SDG), sources have told The Channel. People familiar with the negotiations say a deal is edging closer which would bulk out Ingram's mid-market infrastructure operation. SDG is an EMEA-wide …
If this is indeed correct one can see the benefit to both seller and buyer. The Distribution business SDG looks a small part of overall SCH businesses and while profitable (certainly in 2011), it is perhaps peripheral and a good time to off-load. Ingram, not unlike the other major Distributors needs to buy to bolster faltering revenue and add a little to overall margin. The markets served and volume are of no real relevance.
- Dell charges £5 to switch on power-saving for new PCs (it takes 5 clicks)
- Got Windows 8.1 Update yet? Get ready for YET ANOTHER ONE – rumor
- IBM rides nightmarish hardware landscape on OpenPOWER Consortium raft
- Enterprise storage will die just like tape did, say chaps with graphs
- Who fancies a billion-quid bonanza? Just flog the Home Office some shiny walkie-talkies