Ingram Micro is locked in talks with Sir Peter Rigby over the acquisition of his Midlands-based outfit Specialist Distribution Group (SDG), sources have told The Channel. People familiar with the negotiations say a deal is edging closer which would bulk out Ingram's mid-market infrastructure operation. SDG is an EMEA-wide …
If this is indeed correct one can see the benefit to both seller and buyer. The Distribution business SDG looks a small part of overall SCH businesses and while profitable (certainly in 2011), it is perhaps peripheral and a good time to off-load. Ingram, not unlike the other major Distributors needs to buy to bolster faltering revenue and add a little to overall margin. The markets served and volume are of no real relevance.
- Microsoft says to expect AWESOME things of Windows 10 in January
- Judge spanks SCO in ancient ownership of Unix lawsuit
- Microsoft fires legal salvo at phone 'tech support' scammers
- TALE OF FAIL: Microsoft offers blow-by-blow Azure outage account
- TorrentLocker ransomware pestilence plagues Europe, bags $500k