Ingram Micro is locked in talks with Sir Peter Rigby over the acquisition of his Midlands-based outfit Specialist Distribution Group (SDG), sources have told The Channel. People familiar with the negotiations say a deal is edging closer which would bulk out Ingram's mid-market infrastructure operation. SDG is an EMEA-wide …
If this is indeed correct one can see the benefit to both seller and buyer. The Distribution business SDG looks a small part of overall SCH businesses and while profitable (certainly in 2011), it is perhaps peripheral and a good time to off-load. Ingram, not unlike the other major Distributors needs to buy to bolster faltering revenue and add a little to overall margin. The markets served and volume are of no real relevance.
- Beijing leans on Microsoft to maintain Windows XP support
- Internet Explorer 11 at it again, breaks Microsoft's own CRM software
- Microsoft tarts up software licensing to fend off 'a few clicks and a credit card' rivals
- Microsoft 'cautiously optimistic' about Christmas sales
- Oi, Obama. Rein your spooks in, demands web giants' alliance