Ingram Micro is locked in talks with Sir Peter Rigby over the acquisition of his Midlands-based outfit Specialist Distribution Group (SDG), sources have told The Channel. People familiar with the negotiations say a deal is edging closer which would bulk out Ingram's mid-market infrastructure operation. SDG is an EMEA-wide …
If this is indeed correct one can see the benefit to both seller and buyer. The Distribution business SDG looks a small part of overall SCH businesses and while profitable (certainly in 2011), it is perhaps peripheral and a good time to off-load. Ingram, not unlike the other major Distributors needs to buy to bolster faltering revenue and add a little to overall margin. The markets served and volume are of no real relevance.
- HP Ink COO: Sorry not sorry we bricked your otherwise totally fine printer cartridges
- Sage advice: Avoid the Windows 10 Anniversary Update – it knackers our accounting app
- Microsoft warns Windows security fix may break network shares
- Analysis UK.gov is doing sod all to break £20bn of locked-in IT contracts
- ‘Inflexion point’ BlackBerry washes hands of hardware biz