back to article Vendors couldn't push a piano downhill without a 'sales Babel fish'

In 1978, when BBC Radio 4 first broadcast Douglas Adams' sci-fi comedy series The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy – many a teenager “got bitten by the tech bug” and went on to forge a great career in an industry that became known as “IT”. In the radio series, which later spawned the famous series of novels, Adams conceived of …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Denarius
    Thumb Down

the loss of absolutes affects everything

so the attacks on clear thinking and hence, having something to sell and say continue. The CIO is suffering the same communications pain as most enterprise staff who are forced to add spam filters to delete incoming management emails. Regrettably, even the little charity I now work for is beginning to suffer the same putrid verbosity of management speak. Is it a verbally transmitted disease ?

2. Chris Manson

Dealing with these idiots

They have more in common with 'Dunning-Kruger' personalities.

Anyway, best thing is to ask them to relate their verbage to the real world by answering this: 'Please give me an example of that in action' and/or 'Please describe a case where that has actually been done and what happened?'.

Sadly, many of these people lack the intelligence, integrity or both to manage clear and simple communications - they just want to get THEIR message across (all dressed up) rather than the tried and true methods of: Listening to the potential customer and meeting their need. I believe it is part of good service. Standby for the blank looks.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like