back to article Lenovo: Hey just relax, Gartner – we can flog this stuff

Lenovo needs to keep a close eye on inventory levels in the channel or risk heading down the same road to ruin that destroyed Acer's 2011, temporarily derailing its plans to become top dog in the PC arena. As revealed yesterday, the high-flying Chinese PC maker is within touching distance of HP, the world's largest shifter of …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Lenovo has the worst user reputation of any computer company.

The customer service has been consistently rated as the worst customer service experience they have ever had, by all people with the defective Lenovo computers.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Lenovo has the worst user reputation of any computer company.

True, the quality has gone down, but all of the PC manufacturers make pretty poor products. That is the only way they can compete, i.e. high volume, low cost, low quality. No one is willing to pay more than the lowest price for PCs. The OEMs just tried it again with Ultrabooks and failed again. People figure that one Windows PC is more or less as good as the next and judge them based upon cost. It is Microsoft's fault. As none of the PCs makers can alter the OS, use different CPUs, firmware, etc than their competitors, the only thing left to compete on is cost... when you keep cutting cost every year, eventually quality falls off as well.

2. Tinstaafl

I would have happily bought a brand new Lenovo laptop this year - except they no longer have anything with a 1920x1200 resolution and matte. Instead I bought a 2nd hand Lenovo W500. They shot themselves in the foot by moving to consumer style screen formats in their business laptops.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like