back to article The drive to zero: How to retain margin the race to the bottom

Margins are important to the channel. Many resellers live or die by them – but there is of course much more to running a successful channel business than this simple metric alone. Unfortunately, many in the information security space have been sucked into a downwards spiral which threatens to ruin those channel partners who try …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Don Jefe
    FAIL

Pictures

Gah! Why do we have to see the picture of the author? It takes up screen real estate and he had a terrible haircut. Give me the article/text.

2. USDave
    Pint

Good Article, Goofy Haircut, Photos are Fine...

I'll grant Donny that Tim's haircut looks like he used a lawnmower. Personally I like to connect a face with an author, I think it keeps you honest. (So long as your looks aren't so bad as to cause a distraction)

But all that silly nonsense aside it's a good article. Again the problem is as times and markets get tighter it's easier to compromise on your value position. And we vendors get "tired-er" as well. We in the states also have to be careful as we encourage our peers to maintain a high value focus, so that we aren't accused of price fixing.

The spirit might cry "Semper Reformanda" but it's exhausting to constantly innovate and market to keep your value position high and avoid commoditzation in a competitive market; and it's equally exhausting to constantly redefine the market to avoid competition.

In the end nothing's new under the sun, so I guess we should consider Tim's message, make sure we're actually *delivering* high value, stop whining, and get back to work!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like