It could be sweaty palm time for Taiwan’s ODMs after reports emerged that Lenovo is set to step up in-house production of its notebooks and PCs. The Chinese hardware giant is planning new production lines in Japan and Brazil as well as at its LCFC joint venture with Compal Electronics in northern China, Digitimes reported. …
Lenovo and IBM
I seem to recall that Lenovo are licensees of the Think Pad brand, not owners.
I seem to recall they signed a ten year licensing deal with IBM. Am I wrong ?
If so, this suggests confidence that IBM will re-license the brand out to the Chinese, or, given the growth in the market that Think Pad is enjoying, would IBM pull it back in house and enjoy the fruits of their own designs.... ?
- Microsoft: We're hiking UK cloud prices 22%. Stop whining – it's the Brexit
- Despite best efforts, fewer and fewer women are working in tech
- And so we enter day seven of King's College London major IT outage
- Thanks, IoT vendors: your slack attitude will get regulators moving
- AMD is a rounding error on Intel's spreadsheet and that sucks for us all